cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with I2C Communication for the slave x-nucleo-nfc07a1 in which ST25DV64KC incorporated and is interfaced with STM32WB55RG?

BT.2
Associate II

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am working with I2C in x-nucleo-nfc07a1 where ST25DV IC incorporated interfaced with Nucleo-WB55 board, what is the slave address(device address) for this?

I am firmware engineer, I have I2C Scanning program where

Previously, I work with Temp sensor, the scanning code gives me slave address as 0x4a,

I also work the following,

Heart rate sensor in which it is 0x57

PN532 NFC reader in which it shows 0x24

And right now I work with X-Nucleo-NFC07A1 in which ST25DV64KC is incorporated, here the scanning code shows none. I want to know, why it is not? and how to deal with i2c communication to store data in EEPROM? HAL_I2c functions deals with 5 parameters, DevAddr, TargetAddr, Data Buffer, No.of.Bytes req, delay, out of which DevAddr what we can use?

In the datasheet of ST25DV64KC, Table 89 Device select code and Table 91 I2C CFG are confusing with the bit assignment. I also attach the respective datasheet for your reference.

Best Regards,

Bhuvaneswaran T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

see §6.3 in the datasheet for information about the device addressing. By default (factory settings), the I2C_DEVICE_CODE is 1010b and the I2C_E0=1. Therefore the 'default' address is 1010 011Xb for the user memory.

Also, I would recommand to use the X-CUBE-NFC7 - Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC software for your development.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

see §6.3 in the datasheet for information about the device addressing. By default (factory settings), the I2C_DEVICE_CODE is 1010b and the I2C_E0=1. Therefore the 'default' address is 1010 011Xb for the user memory.

Also, I would recommand to use the X-CUBE-NFC7 - Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC software for your development.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.