cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I program my ST25DV board for NFC communication with my own application specifications?

NZama.1
Associate III

Hey, Can you please help me with using ST25DV64KC board. With stm32L476VGT6 core M4 processor.

I want to do NFC communication. I couldn't find anything on the internet or youtube about how to program it.

Somewhere, i read that we have to download the firmware for our board. And it contains the source code..

I downloaded the firmware for my Board from the ST community website. But when I run it it gives me errors. I am trying to resolve these erros from two to three days. But they are not completely removed. The software I am using is STM32 Cube IDE. I want to ask the following questions:

1) Is the firmware code the only way to do NFC Communication? And am I doing something wrong?

2) The IDE that I am using is Stm32 Cube IDE. Does the firmware code supports this? Or it is written for Keil?

3) Do the package contains file that should be removed in order to run it in Stm32 Cube ide.

I will be grateful if you can help me with my questions. Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

38 REPLIES 38

Hi,

open the project properties (Alt+enter), go to C/C++ build then Settings. In the tool Settings tab, unfold MCU GCC Compiler and update "Include Paths" (i.e. copy the various include paths from Keil project, one line for each path). Same with "Preprocessor" where you can define the various macros (i.e. copy from Keil project).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
NZama.1
Associate III

I can Attach my files and the actual Firmware code as well. Can someone help me with that? If possible can anyone please share a working firmware source code in STM32Cube IDE. I'll be gratefull.

NFC_Final are my project files.

Here is the firmware code:

Thank you. I have done it . Now I am just getting the following errors of missing "rfal_nfca.h". On searching I could not find any rfal files. Can you help me with this too? Should I donwload the rfal files seperatley? They should be within firrmware code.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biTXUQA2.png

Hi,

I think you are trying to compile files not included in the original Keil projects - just being present in the package. Thus getting errors on files not contained.

Not sure what is the easiest way to create such a project, but in a first step you could try to exclude all files giving you compilation errors or you inspect the files inside the .uvprojx.

Regards, Ulysses

I don't know the reason for this error. I am not using Keil to generate the files. Stm32Cube IDE has been used. I have searched the folder it should contain these "rfal" files.

I downloaded the rfal files seperately and inserted them in the project. Errors Errors and errors are all I got. Kindly, someone help me getting an error free code of NFC made for stm32Cube IDE. I will be really thankful. Kind Regards.

Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @NZama.1​ ,

Here attached you will find the project files for STM32CubeIDE to help you working with ST25DV64KC-DISCO and STM32CubeIDE.

I used references to source code instead of direct source code in the project explorer, so you need to copy the folder from the zip file in the source code of the ST25DV64KC-DISCO to Projects\ST25DV-Discovery\Demonstrations\ST25DVDemo\ to have correct references. Include files are set in the project properties menu in C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> MCU GCC Compiler -> include paths. Preprocessor symbols are also defined.

I hope this can help you.

Kind Regards.

Hi, Thankyou what you did. But unfortunately I got this when I pasted your file here Projects\ST25DV-Discovery\Demonstrations\ST25DVDemo\

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000binhPQAQ.png 

I just change the name of your MX file from NFC_Final_Working to Final_NFC_Working so I could remove the error . But i could'nt get that whether I did what you asked me to do or not? Have I placed the files in the correct place? Can you clear me the complete folder paths I mean complete folder that worked for you? Not just the inner project file? Thank you. Best Regards.

Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @NZama.1​,

I didn't update the IOC file for this project so that's why you got the error opening this file.

Just copy into the folder as you did (Projects\ST25DV-Discovery\Demonstrations\ST25DVDemo\NFC_Final_Working). And you should be able to compile the project, if not give feedback on errors you get.

You may have some warning during compilation because keil and STM32CubeIDE doesn't use same compiler but compilation and running should be ok (it is on my side).

Kind Regards.

The code you attached has no code written in the main.c file. Have you tried running the one in the firmware package? If yes is it working without errors?