cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTM (mailbox) data transmission

burakcolak
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I have ST25DV16KC. I want to transfer data and upgrade firmware with FTM mode. I am sending data with CR95HF reader. The data I send to the mailbox gets corrupted after a certain byte and continues to be corrupted. The screenshot below can also be viewed. Why did this happen? can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

sorry my previous message was prematurely sent before I share the details (I've edited it while you were already responding).

The FW binary is in DEMOBOARD-CR95HF_FW_V3.7.1\Project\95HF_Example\CR95HF\CR95HF_DEMOBOARD_MB1054A\Binary. Connect a ST-Link V2 probe on the 20 pin JTAG connector of the MB1054B. Use the STM32CubeProgrammer or the STM32 ST-LINK utility to download the FW into the target.

Also, using the toolbox of the CR95HF development Software, I would recommend to check the CR95HF DLL revision (should be revision 1.2)

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you describe in more details the overall system?

Reader side:

• do you your own board based on CR95HF or an ST board (which one)? Is the MCU-reader communication based on SPI or UART?
  • Do you use the FTM demo code from the ST25 embedded NFC library or do you use the CR95HF_Development_Software GUI to write data to the Mailbox or your own code

Tag side:

Can you probe the CR95HF serial link (SPI CLK/MOSI/MISO/CS or UART TX/RX and IRQ_IN and IRQ_OUT) and provide the trace? Can you probe as well the ST25DV16KC IC2 link (SDA and SCL) and provide the trace?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
burakcolak
Associate II

I use own board for tag side. I have MB1054B CR95HF demo board for reader side.I use the ST25PC-NFC program to send data to the mailbox. I send the data and read it from ST25DV16KC over I2C connection. Corruption occurs after a certain part of the data. I am using another sample code block for the tag side.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I suspect the MB1054B firmware is not up to date. Using the Reader/Reader information menu of the ST25PC-NFC, would you please check the version of the FW: it should be 030701 (i.e 3.7.1). Older FW version does not support the data segmentation on USB.

You will find the latest FW in STSW-M24LR007. The binary is in DEMOBOARD-CR95HF_FW_V3.7.1\Project\95HF_Example\CR95HF\CR95HF_DEMOBOARD_MB1054A\Binary folder. You'll have to use a ST-Link /v2 connected on the JTAG port to download the binary.

Also, I would recommend to check the CR95HF.dll version and to use the latest one from the STSW-95HF001 package.

Rgds

BT

burakcolak
Associate II

I own reader fw: 030600 how can i update ?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

sorry my previous message was prematurely sent before I share the details (I've edited it while you were already responding).

The FW binary is in DEMOBOARD-CR95HF_FW_V3.7.1\Project\95HF_Example\CR95HF\CR95HF_DEMOBOARD_MB1054A\Binary. Connect a ST-Link V2 probe on the 20 pin JTAG connector of the MB1054B. Use the STM32CubeProgrammer or the STM32 ST-LINK utility to download the FW into the target.

Also, using the toolbox of the CR95HF development Software, I would recommend to check the CR95HF DLL revision (should be revision 1.2)

Rgds

BT

burakcolak
Associate II

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I did the update and the incoming packages arrived correctly. I fixed the bad data issue.I have another question. How many bytes of data can be updated via FTM and what steps should I follow. Do you have any resources?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi

The ST25DVxxKC provides a 256-byte fast transfer mode buffer (mailbox). On reader side, the serial protocol on SPI to communicate with the CR95HF limits the payload to less than 256 bytes. In the FTM demo from the ST25 embedded NFC library, the mailbox data transfers are limited to 251 bytes.

If you plan to use the FTM mailbox for data transfer/firmware upgrade, I would recommend to use the Demos menu of the ST25PC-NFC: go to Demos->ST25DV-I2C->ST25-DISCOVERY->FTM demos. This provides several demos (such as file transfer) that run in front of a ST25DV64KC-DISCO kit. On tag side, those demos are built on top of a FTM middleware that provides a reliable way to transfer data with error detection and recovery. The firmware of the ST25DV64KC-DISCO kit is provided in source code (see STSW-ST25DV002 and choose STSW-ST25DV002SC) with the FTM middleware. This can be used to build your own application. See AN5512 ST25 fast transfer mode embedded library for details on the FTM middleware.

Rgds

BT