cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to test st25R3911B single ended configuration on a development board

smithderek2000
Associate III

Hello,

I'm working on a product that needs sixteen antennas, so we're looking at using the ST25R391x series but have it be single ended, with each output going to a 1:8 antenna MUX. I have the multiplexer to test but first need to get single ended operation working. What is the best way to do that on one of the STMicro eval boards? I saw this answer and also this app note AN5592 but their baseline differential component values were very different from the eval boards so it made me cautious.

Do you have a guide for which component values to change on one of the ST25R391x dev boards to allow for single ended operation? The end product uses a ST25R3916B but I have development boards for both the '3916B and the '3911. I don't have access to a network analyzer unfortunately.

Also, when testing the single ended implementation, do I need to remove all the components on the other channel? It looks like that was done in AN5592.

Finally, I think this antenna multiplexing would make for a great app note. I have it working with relays but want to use a silicon MUX instead. I can provide more information if it would help.

Thanks,

Derek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carlo Corlattoni
ST Employee

Hello,

the appnote AN5592 already describes which component values to use for a single ended configuration with STEVAL antenna. You would need to additionally disconnect the second antenna damping resistor and ground this antenna end. Then switch to one RFO driver (bit 7 and bit 6) in the IO Configuration register 1.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Carlo Corlattoni
ST Employee

Hello,

the appnote AN5592 already describes which component values to use for a single ended configuration with STEVAL antenna. You would need to additionally disconnect the second antenna damping resistor and ground this antenna end. Then switch to one RFO driver (bit 7 and bit 6) in the IO Configuration register 1.

Regards,