cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 availability

NDOSS.1
Associate

X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 stepper motor control board seems not available anywhere, whatever the reseller, and they have no information about a future availability.

I have found no other compatible motor driver that can replace it (my motor is 48V / 9A), so this board is critical for the project on which I am working.

Do you have any information about the date of availability ?

Where may I found some available boards ? Do you maybe have some spares at ST ?

And in last chance, what can I use instead ?

Thank you in advance

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @NDOSS.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Thank you for your question. However, this request is a job for one of our sales offices. 

The members of this community are technical experts and will not be able to help you with a sales inquiry.

For this kind of information you can contact our ST sales office.

You can refine your search at LINK selecting "Sales Office and Representatives" and your country.

I can suggest two alternatives:

• EVAL6480H demo board of L6480 a fully integrated microstepping motor controller with motion engine and SPI for voltage mode driving
  • EVAL6482H demo board of L6482 a fully integrated microstepping motor controller with motion engine and SPI for current mode driving

Have a nice day.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @NDOSS.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Thank you for your question. However, this request is a job for one of our sales offices. 

The members of this community are technical experts and will not be able to help you with a sales inquiry.

For this kind of information you can contact our ST sales office.

You can refine your search at LINK selecting "Sales Office and Representatives" and your country.

I can suggest two alternatives:

• EVAL6480H demo board of L6480 a fully integrated microstepping motor controller with motion engine and SPI for voltage mode driving
  • EVAL6482H demo board of L6482 a fully integrated microstepping motor controller with motion engine and SPI for current mode driving

Have a nice day.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
NDOSS.1
Associate

Thanks for those elements. Il will contact the French Sales Office, I had contacted other ST offices, none had given me those information, they only told me to post here, so thanks for information.

EVAL6482H is not powerful enough, with a limit of 6A, whereas my motor is 9A.

EVAL6480H seems being a good alternative, I just have some interrogation about voltage mode driving

About voltage mode driving, I'm not an expert in stepper motor driving, but with X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1, we had problems when driving in voltage mode, we always had an "overcurrent" failure, even if we were setting the overcurrent limit at 9A (for a 9A motor), that's why I don't know if our parameters were wrong, if the margin was too low using X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1. Il will open another post about those issues.

EVAL6480H current limit is 25A, so I imagine with a 9A motor, there will be enough margin in voltage mode to avoid any overccurent failure. Can you confirm ?

Hello @NDOSS.1​,

the EVAL6480H is able to manage a maximum output current of about 25 A thanks to the STD25NF10 MOSFETs.

Anyway the actual maximum output current is limited by power dissipation.

About the voltage mode driving you can refer to the dedicated Application Notes AN4144

You can find other useful information in Documentation tab of EVAL6480H.

Thanks to open new topic for further technical question.

Please click on "Select as Best" label in the proper label to close this topic.