cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viper06 buck mode to generate 3.3V. output voltage =1.24V

LROCH.11
Associate II

I use the viper06HS to generate +3.3V. i follow the reference design provided by eDesignSuite.

When i turn on my system. the viper06HS provide 1.24V

do you idea?

I attach my schematic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LROCH.11
Associate II

I have modify my first schematic to generate +4V with VIPER06. 

I have changed the value R2 by 100K and i have add a resistor of 470K to D4.1 and now it is works.

thanks for your help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The VIPER06HS is actually intended for isolated converters, but can also be used for non-isolated converters. Unfortunately you confused pin 1 (GND) with neutral, which leads to several errors:

• C4.1 should not connect to L3.1, but to D4.2
  • C3.2 should not connect to D4.1, but to D4.2 as well
  • the capacitor between IC1.5 and D4.2 is missing (shown as Cp in eDesignSuite)

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LRoch.1
Associate II

I have made the modification on my design. but i have 1.5V on the output

Can you please update the schematic?

Have you got a layout and/or photo for review?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LRoch.1
Associate II

i update my schematic. for the layout . i put some wires on PCB

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Hmm, just wires on a PCB doesn't sound like optimal wiring for a switching regulator.

Please make sure the FB wire is as short as possible and not below the inductors.

Also minimize the length of the wires between pin 1 (GND), D4.1 and L3.1. The connection between D4.2, C6 (-) and the output should also be minimized.

BTW: I forgot to mention one additional error - the compensation network C5 and C? should not be connected to D4.1, but to D4.2.

/Peter

LRoch.1
Associate II

I know the wire is not optimal but for the moment I try to solve my problem.

the feedback Wire is near viper on my design.

it is strange that the modifications do not correspond with the reference diagram

for example, i have the reference design of steval-blueplug on the schematic is very different0693W00000DllRoQAJ.png 

LROCH.11
Associate II

I have make all modification but i have always 1.5V

LROCH.11
Associate II

I have modify my first schematic to generate +4V with VIPER06. 

I have changed the value R2 by 100K and i have add a resistor of 470K to D4.1 and now it is works.

thanks for your help