cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWBC86-> Is it okay to connect the 'VINV' and VIN' with a USB +5V power supply?

JAKE2
Associate III

Wating for your response..

Sincerely yours, Jake Kang.

Edited) It is because the datasheet said that VINV is for INVERTER INPUT. If anyone have an idea, please keep me in the loop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EAYDIN
Associate

In the datasheet, it says their voltage range are from -0.7V to 27V, which covers even USB-C protocol. In addition, in pin function description, it says for both that they are power supply inputs. Therefore in my opinion, you can connect them with a +5V USB supply but don't forget to put filtering capacitors as they contain too much AC noise.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EAYDIN
Associate

In the datasheet, it says their voltage range are from -0.7V to 27V, which covers even USB-C protocol. In addition, in pin function description, it says for both that they are power supply inputs. Therefore in my opinion, you can connect them with a +5V USB supply but don't forget to put filtering capacitors as they contain too much AC noise.

I put one 100nF, three 10uF capacitors between USB Input (VBUS) and GND in parallel, and connected VINV and with VBUS. I will figure it out as I experiment, thanks for your reply !