cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any BGA30 design guideline for the stbc03?

diego peinado martin
Associate II
Posted on June 06, 2018 at 16:57

I'm doing a pcb design using the STBC03 for managing the battery (power path and battery charger). It has a 0.4mm pitch BGA30 footprint. Has anybody done a design like this? Is there any guideline for it? Thanks.

#bga-routing #pcb-design #stbc03
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, you can use the STBC03 to charge such cells. An MCU is not necessary for this because, for example, the normal and precharge charging current are each determined via a resistor on dedicated pins. But everything is in the data sheet.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cbalt.1
Associate II

Many Many Years ago you asked ... And now I am asking same thing 🙂 including  Below question :

could we use STBC3 for stand alone application. I want to charge a mini battery as below specification. 

Cbalt1_0-1708280317786.jpeg

I am planing to draw a pcb that contains USB socket and its power will  be come from 5V phone charger. May I use the STBC3  stand alone to charge this battery or should i put mcu to control charger limits. I confused. Previously I use TP4056 IC to chage higher capacity. It is the first time i am going to charge such a lower batter.  May you give some advise to me.

Best regards.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, you can use the STBC03 to charge such cells. An MCU is not necessary for this because, for example, the normal and precharge charging current are each determined via a resistor on dedicated pins. But everything is in the data sheet.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank You So much Peter BENSCH, 

Your response makes me wonderful 🙂 thanks again.

Best regards.