Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHM07M1 FOC + quadrature pin conflict

imtiaz
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2016 at 05:06

Hi ,

I would like to use the quadrature encoder for speed / Position feedback in order to get slow speed FOC control. When I enable that I have a pin conflict on A0 (encoder interface and Phase current) and A1 (encoder interface and Bus voltage).

I am not sure how I can resolve this as I dont se any jumpers to route to different pins and the option of using alternate pins in firmware.

I have the 

P-NUCLEO-IHM001 MC kit,

Please assist ,

Thanks

Imtiaz 

#ihm001
4 REPLIES 4
imtiaz
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2016 at 02:04

A reply would be appreciated

Gigi
ST Employee
Posted on May 02, 2016 at 09:46

Ciao Imtiaz

Taking a look at the schematics of the X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1 board, that is the expansion board provided with the P-NUCLEO-KIT, I see that the pins of the sensors are:

Enc.A/H1 -> PA15

Enc B/H2 -> PB3

Enc Z/H3 -> PB10

So you can avoid the pin conflicts setting the proper pins used into the WB project.

I suggest to review all the pin assignment using the schematics.

Another small hints, the FW didn't support the Enc Z. signal so it is not useful to connect it, only Enc. A and Enc. B is take in consideration. I suggest to read the UM of the MC library to have more details on Encoder decoding.

Ciao

Gigi

lucas239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on October 11, 2016 at 01:55 Hi Gigi, I am also having issues with pin conflicts when trying to use an encoder with the IHM07M1 board. I have found that when I enable the encoder under: ''Drive Management'' -> ''Speed/Position Feedback Management'' setting ''Sensor Selection'' to ''Quadrature Encoder'' I get the following Pin coflicts

ERR 12:46:43 A0 is used in: Encoder Interface Timer (TIM2).CH1, Phase current feedback ADC (ADC1).ADC1_IN1
ERR 12:46:43 A1 is used in: Encoder Interface Timer (TIM2).CH2, Bus Voltage feedback ADC (ADC1).ADC1_IN2

Going into the 'Pin Assingment'' menu, i can see that the Quadrature Encoder should be able to be configured using alternate and non conflicting pins such as: A0 -> A15 A1 -> B3 These seem to be the appropriate pin assignments for the encoder pins on the board header according to pages 7 & 8 of theUM1943 doccument My issue is that I have found no way of changing the pin assignment in the ST Motor Control Workbench. Clicking anywhere in the Pin assignment menu seems to do nothing. Do I have to manually edit the generated files to have the encoder pins on the appropriate alternate mapping? Is there a way that I can edit the locations of these pins inside the STMC WB? Thanks -Lucas
Gigi
ST Employee
Posted on October 11, 2016 at 09:06

Ciao Lucas

Did you check in Control Stage -> Digital I/O -> Encoder interface ?

There you can select the pins used for the Encoder.

If you find it disabled you have to set the encoder as primary or auxiliary sensor in Drive Management -> Speed/Position Feedback...

and enable in the Motor -> Sensor

Ciao

Gigi