cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I activate the built-in potentiometer on the STEVAL PTOOL 1v1 Board?

BPara.1
Associate II

Hello.

I want to drive a BLDC motor with Steval ptool1v1 hardware.

I loaded the example file (6S_Steval_ptool_1v1_HS_WM) into the MCSDK-WB, from which I generated the code (via cubeMX and CubeIDE).

The motor doesn’t work despite all my attempts. Even though potentiometer speed control is included in the user manual as plug'n play(!), I see in the cube IDE it is not implemented. Moreover, I did not find an option in the MCSDK Workbench where this could be selected.

I tried to figure out in the code how to implement it afterwards, but I couldn't figure out the solution.

How could this be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Bela.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Community member​ 

I mean the PWM signals. However you can simply check the phases of the motors at first step. To help you to debug on your side, please consider and check the following anomalous conditions:

• Phases are driven low to charge the boot capacitors but the motor doesn't align: increase PI gain values
  • Phases are driven low to charge the boot capacitors but no PWM signal is then applied: check HALL sensors status and proper switching
  • Phases are driven low to charge the boot capacitors and then motor has a bump: check the currrent and reduce the PI gain values
  • Phases are not driven low: firmware is stuck in an interrupt management, likely in communication or overcurrent: check that motor pilot communication is working well during start/stop commands and device fault conditions

Alessio