cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change speed of my BLDC motor on ST SPIN 3202 (I can not connect to Motor Pilot)?

77kk
Associate II

I have an ST SPIN 3202 board and MC Workbench, Motor Pilot both versions 5.Y.3. I opened the example for ST SPIN3202 sensorless six step motor control in MC Workbench and then I generated it in KEIL microvision 5. I changed the parameters for my BLDC motor and it is all working correctly. The only thing missing for my project is to be able to change motor speed. The potentiometer on ST SPIN3202 does not change the speed neither the chainging in KEIL code. When I try to connect it with Motor Pilot I get an error: Board open and trying to configurate the board. I have the same baud rate and everything should work fine.

I read on forum about this: when using STEVAL-SPIN3202: MCSDK-Y's Motor Pilot does not work with the SPIN3202 even though is shown as an option. You need to use MCSDK 5.4.8 and its Motor Monitor utility.

So can you tell me how do I connect to Motor Pilot so I can see all the parameters and change the speed easily. (I can not found the version MCSDK 5.4.8 to download). Or where in code should I change the parameter so I dont get the same speed every time (2000 rpm), or how can I control the speed with my potentiometer, what do I need to do to activate it.

@Enrico Poli​ @cedric H​ @Community member​ or anyone else, I will realy apprecciate your answer.

Thanks,

Best regards

1 REPLY 1
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @77kk ,

We are Sorry for the late answer, If you still need help, you can try with MCSDK version 6.2.0, it supports STEVAL-SPIN3202 and you should be able to use Motor Pilot without problems.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".