cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I want to know if it is possible and how to use EVSPIN32F0602S1 just to produce a 380V three-phase, not for a motor but for example to supply an inverter in standby without connection to solar panels

EtAntonio EtAntonio
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
Javier1
Principal

i dont have experience wth that board but i pressume you can?

The EVSPIN32F0602S1 board is a 3-phase complete inverter based on the STSPIN32F0602 controller, which embeds a 3-phase 600 V gate driver and a Cortex-M0 STM32 MCU

maybe there is not available out of the box firmware for your application but i would say to make a dumb inverter you only need an mcu, a good enough mosfet/igb, some capacitors and gate drivers .

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @EtAntonio EtAntonio​,

as above mentioned from @Javier Muñoz​ the EVSPIN32F0602S1 board is based on the STSPIN32F0602 a system-in-package which embeds an STM32F031 MCU and a 600 V triple half-bridge gate driver, able to drive N-channel power MOSFETs or IGBTs.

The board power stage features STD18N65M5 MOS, but can be populated with any IGBT or Power MOSFET in DPAK or powerFLAT 8x8 HV package.

I am not expert in solar panel applications, but if your inverter topology fit with the mentioned requirements you can use the EVSPIN32F0602S1.

I hope this post can help you; if so, consider to mark it as best answer by clicking the label "Select as Best".

EtAntonio EtAntonio
Associate II

Thanks for the time to write an answer but I don't think it solve my problem,

I've tried installing the firmware en.STSW-SPIN3201 but there's no 380V on the three phases.

It is required always a load? There's a reference firmware for this board or it is supplied just the hardware'

Thanks

Hi @EtAntonio EtAntonio​ ,

the firmware STSW-SPIN3201 is related to another board (STEVAL-SPIN3201) and another device (STSPIN32F0).

In the EVSPIN32F0602S1 board page you can find all the info related: documentation (e.g UM2629) and firmware example STSW-SPIN32F060X

EtAntonio EtAntonio
Associate II

Thank you Cristiana,

I've tried the firmware example STSW-SPIN32F060X but there's no 380V output in any case, maybe it is necessary to have a three-phase motor connected to the board,

but my use case is different, I just need a 380V to power an inverter in standby to program it.

Thanks anyway

Antonio

Hi @EtAntonio EtAntonio​ ,

The EVSPIN32F0602S1 board and related firmware example are designed for 3-phase motor control application.

The board is 3-phase complete inverter, if I understand your point you would like to generate the supply voltage for another inverter.

I do not have enough details to understand if it possible to customize this board for your application.

If you provide more details on your application (e.g. block diagram, input voltage, etc) someone in the Community could help you.

EtAntonio EtAntonio
Associate II

Hy Cristiana,

I just want to power with 380V three phases this device (sun2000 33ktl):

https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1100019925/63345c18/technical-specifications

so for example it is just required to EVSPIN32F0602S1 to produce this 380V three phases without take care of the load.