cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STEF01 as a high-side switch

Gaston
Senior

Hi,

I'm planning to use STEF01 as a high-side switch plus an external MOSFET for blocking inverse current from load. Is this feasible or I would be wrong?

gaston

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If you need more than 2.4A (until then the IPS160HF would be the better solution, also because it is considerably faster) and you are satisfied with the switch-on time (min 3ms), this should be possible. However, keep an eye to the maximum input voltage.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If you need more than 2.4A (until then the IPS160HF would be the better solution, also because it is considerably faster) and you are satisfied with the switch-on time (min 3ms), this should be possible. However, keep an eye to the maximum input voltage.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Gaston
Senior

Hi Peter,

Understood. The problem is IPS160HF does not have the option for Reverse Current Blocking.

I'm basically looking for an alternative part to MP5016H but in my application the switching times are not so critical. I think STEF01 can be a good one. Thanks!

regards,

gaston