cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect STWBC86 to WPSTUDIO V1.8.4

S3rr4
Associate II

Hi there,

we are trying to operate a STWBC86 on a rebuild of STDES-WBC86WTX.Eval boards are not yet available so we needed to build them with the given data on our own.

when powering it up nothing happens so i assumed i need to program the supplied Firmware onto it via WPSTUDIO.

When i try to connect to the board i get a Error message:

S3rr4_1-1700116881021.png

Wrong config ID and Patch Id for TX.

I even cannot use the programming section of the tool as the buttons are greyed out:

S3rr4_2-1700117000992.png

Documentation is very thin and doesnt`give information how to program the device on another way.

How do i proceed ? can anybody help me on that issue?

Best regards

Stefan

P.S: Hi there,

i was able to solve the issue by myself. You need to set the device to WBC86 and then Type to Empty to be able to program the device. afterwards everything works as intended.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
willzhou
ST Employee

Dear customer

Please find in this link 

GitHub - STMicroelectronics/STWirelessCharging-C-Drivers: Standard C platform-independent drivers for wireless charging ICs

Also you can use USB-Dongle and GUI tool command line in mass production.

https://github.com/STwirelesscharger/STSW-WPSTUDIO/blob/main/a2_wbc86_downfw.bat

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
willzhou
ST Employee

Dear Customer

Thanks for find the issues.

In case of currupted FW, connect the STWBC86 in GUI as "Empty"

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
S3rr4
Associate II

Thank you for your reply. i found out about last week. that was not really obvious so you could maybe add it to the manual.

How is programming in mass production done? the programming is not documented in the datasheet or where and how to load the h-file.

willzhou
ST Employee

Dear customer

Please find in this link 

GitHub - STMicroelectronics/STWirelessCharging-C-Drivers: Standard C platform-independent drivers for wireless charging ICs

Also you can use USB-Dongle and GUI tool command line in mass production.

https://github.com/STwirelesscharger/STSW-WPSTUDIO/blob/main/a2_wbc86_downfw.bat