cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding the connection between STEVAL-WBC86TX and WPSTUDIO

DZaot1
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with my STEVAL-WBC86TX board: recently I loaded a config.file in which I disabled the FHOP.

When I connect the STEVAL to my PC using a USB-C cable, WPSTUDIO (both version 1.8.4 and 2.2.5) fails to recognize the WBC86TX device.

DZaot1_0-1715176276248.png

Additionally, I have measured the SDA with the oscilloscope and observed this issue. It seems there is a communication issue with I2C, as some bits fail to be written.

DZaot1_1-1715176308407.jpeg

Could you tell me what might be causing it and how to resolve the problem?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi Domenico

How about you try to click "empty", also please share GUI logs if you have.

From your i2c waveform, seems it have some glitch. 

willzhou_0-1715219076216.png

@Didier HERROUIN  please help to check.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi

also please use attach debug tool to check ft260 connect logs, it is build by python, runing need some time, correct log is like below:

willzhou_0-1715223357155.png

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Will Zhou,

I have already tried inserting ‘Empty’ but I do not solve the problem.

Hi Will, 

This first appeared after starting the debug file:

DZaot1_1-1715250950469.png

Then I changed the USB port and this appears:

DZaot1_2-1715250971589.png

At this point I opened the GUI in order to re-establish the connection between WPSTUDIO and STEVAL-WBC86TX but the problem is not solved.

DZaot1_0-1715250872714.png

is it possible that the ft260 is damaged? are there other possible solutions I could try?

Hello,

The plot is strange because the signal is correct at the beginning and the end of the communication.

On the STWBC86 eval board, can you remove the jumper between SDA and FT_SDA (connector P2) and measure again FT_SDA signal with a scope ? The goal is to check if the signals driven by FT260 are correct when there is no slave/load on the I2C bus. If the signal shape is still wrong, you could increase the SDA pull-up (R7) to 10K but I would not be very optimistic.