cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can STEVAL-SPIN3201 be programed for 6step?

AJuki.1
Associate

Hi,

I was wondering, if you can programm STEVAL-spin3201 board to 6-step mode, instead of FOC?

5 REPLIES 5
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @AJuki.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Yes, you can use the STEVAL-SPIN3201 board to drive a motor with 6-step method.

You can find a firmware example in the last release of STM32 Motor Control SDK (X-CUBE-MCSDK-Y).

With this example you can perform a 6-step control in voltage mode and with Hall sensor for speed feedback.

Let me know if this info is useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.

AJuki.1
Associate

Hello,

thank you for your answer. The firmware example worked, but the problem is that it is not rotating, It is stuck and shakes like crazy. Is it maybe a problem between rotor and magnetic field, not being in sync?

Hi @AJuki.1​,

sorry for late reply. Did you solved your issue?

Do you confirm that you want perform a 6-step control in voltage mode and with Hall sensor for speed feedback?

Otherwise there is also the example of 6-step control in voltage mode and sensorless.

Moreover, I suggest the check the following points according to your requirements:

• the board jumpers configuration
  • the motor parameters (pole pairs, target speed, ...)
  • the sensors commutation table (If the sequence of commutation of the Hall sensors is not standard, the firmware has to be edited according to your table).

Let me know the progress about your project.

can you help me which version is useful for six-step method. 

Hello @vishu the proper label for questions about STM32 Motor Control SDK is STM32 MCUs Motor Control.

I’ve seen that there are already your open topics on the subject, please do not spam.