cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the CubeIDE generate a workspace that can be copied and renamed without issues

CubeIDE 1.7

Windows 10

We have used TrueStudio 9.3 for years without issue but because we began using a new ST STM32G070 processor, we needed to change to ST's version of CubeIDE. We have it building the project(with low level drivers included) but if we copy the workspace and then rename it, the PROJECT_LOC(under Properties-->Resource-->Linked Resources) is pointing back to the original named directory. Both PARENT_LOC and WORKSPACE_LOC are showing up linked to the new location.

I have tried numerous workspace and project settings but nothing seems to work. I've even compared the settings to the ones used in TrueStudio but they both look nearly identical.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

Maybe you badly understand project vs workspace.

For example workspace you can have on disk C and place in it multi projects, but no one in workspace folder...

Every project can be on other place network drive git etc.

Fot renaming, copy, usw. is project folder not workspace.

When you need new named workspace create empty, and double click on .project file add project into

Been using Eclipse for a long time so I understand how it works. My preference is strictly 1:1 Workspace/Project ratio. Because our source control is basic simply copying a workspace and renaming it to a new version works and allows flexibility. This method has worked with the original TrueStudio so I'm trying to resolve why it does not work with ST's upgraded version.

I understand Workspace and Project. You could copy a workspace folder and rename the folder just fine under TrueStudio 9.3.