Associate II

About Cin of LDK320

What is the manufacturer's recommended value

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @TYAMA.2​, to the community!

Cin is not critical, but should have at least 1µF. You can use electrolytic capacitors, tantalum or MLCC.

I would recommend a value between 1...10µF and position it as close as possible to the VIN pin.

If this problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @TYAMA.2​, to the community!

Cin is not critical, but should have at least 1µF. You can use electrolytic capacitors, tantalum or MLCC.

I would recommend a value between 1...10µF and position it as close as possible to the VIN pin.

If this problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TYAMA.2
Associate II

Thank you for your reply.

What is the effective value of the capacity of the capacitor in this case?

I do not understand the question.

Which case are you talking about and which capacitor do you mean?

Regards

/Peter

TYAMA.2
Associate II

About Cin

When considering temperature characteristics, DC bias characteristics, etc.

How many μF or more do you need?

As already mentioned: I would recommend a value between 1...10µF and position it as close as possible to the VIN pin.

Regards

/Peter

TYAMA.2
Associate II

Is 1uF or more a value that takes DC bias characteristics and temperature characteristics into consideration?

Or is it the standard value on the data sheet?

The recommended value of 1...10µF is considered the current effective value. Depending on the respective technology used to manufacture the capacitor and thus on the specified capacitor parameters, the development engineer should of course select the correct values.

If, for example, you already have a maximum tolerance of 50% over the temperature range, you have to use at least 2µF.

TYAMA.2
Associate II

I understand.

Thank you very much.