cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot issue NMEA commands to the Teseo on STEVAL-STRKT01 over good CN503 UART link.

Hello ST,

I’m attempting to integrate the STEVAL-STRKT01 into my system.

I need to issue NMEA commands to the Teseo .

I’m connected into the UART over CN503 (TX,RX,GND only) and I can see the serial chatter.

For example, I want to Stop the STAGPS engine with $PSTMSTAGPSONOFF,0*4A

This, and all other commands I am testing, are getting no responses. Am I doing something wrong, or can I not send NMEA to the Teseo on this Evaluation board?

Attached a screenshot of one of the billion ways I’ve tried this. Any help much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

How about a simpler firmware version query?

Any inbound commands work?

TESEO-SUITE ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Its hard to tell if my NMEA commands are triggering any response at all, the UART is sporadically spooling out NMEA messages info without being prompted. Including versioning info.

I suspect the STEVAL-STRKT01 board is continuously interrogating the Teseo and has exclusive use?

I set up the Teseo-suite, image attached, but still couldn't get it to accept PSTMSTAGPSONOFF..

After exhaustive testing, no. No inbound commands are being accepted by the STEVAL-STRKT01's onboard Teseo. I reckon its just how this evaluation board is set up.. I'd love to find a safe way around this!

Would check you're not getting some conflicting signals on the GPS's RX pin from the LoRa MCU, or other sources/connections.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/steval-strkt01_schematic.pdf

Thanks for your analysis - that's almost certainly right. The Lora module does seem to be obstructing my commands.

Do you think I can hope to interrupt (temporarily) this UART connection between LoRa & LIV3 without damaging the hardware? I don't see an obvious move here..

I'd probably start by removing resistor/zero-ohm R204, so you can connect via TP202

I see , yes. Ok, I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks a mil!