cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z85C30 SDLC Communitcation issue

Dlak
Associate II

I am setting up SDLC communication using the Z85C30 chip. However, when I enable Tx and send data, it appears that the data is mixed with 7E. After the Tx is finished, I disable it. Is there a way to ensure that 7E appears only at the start and end?

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Thank you for your trust in the STMicroelectronics community to get answers to questions about ancient devices from ZILOG.

In which applications do you still work with such antiquated 5V components?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

In fairness SGS-ATES did a lot of trade in Europe with the Z80...

Used one of these fantastic kits in the mid 80's in Sixth-Form College Electronics https://t-lcarchive.org/sgs-nbz80-s/

An SGS-THOMSON has an Z8530 as late as the mid-90's

st_z8530ab1.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In fact, the former SGS was involved in some projects: x86, Z80, etc. I was also able to find a few relics of the Z85C30 from SGS after more in-depth internet research. However, no information has been available for a long time, so only someone with old data books could help.

There used to be a website with scans of SGS data books, maybe there are still a few pages on this SCC. However, original literature from Zilog is probably more helpful.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.