cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get the "X-Cube-WiFi1 expansion software package for STM32Cube" for the WiFi modules IDW01M1 and IDW04A1?

CSeid.1
Associate II

I want to use the WiFi module

IDW01M1 and/or IDW04A1. In both quick-Start-Guides I get the tip to download the "X-Cube-WiFi1 expansion software package for STM32Cube". Unfortunately all the Links for this file are broken/dead.

Is this package compatible with the newest CubeMx? Is the middleware in other cube files integrated?

Thanks in advance

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The software package was called X-CUBE-WIFI1 and was applicable for SPWF01SA and SPWF04SA. It is also obsolete and thus no longer available from STMicroelectronics.

But maybe you can still find it in the depths of the never forgetting internet?

Good luck!

If the problem is answered, please mark this topic by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Community member​, to the community!

These were X-NUCLEO boards that served as development kits. On the X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 was the module SPWF01SA, while on the X-NUCLEO-IDW04A1 was the module SPWF04SA.

It is important to note that both WiFi modules have long since been discontinued and there is therefore no longer any support for the modules.

The expansion software was also not installable in STM32CubeMX, but one used the drivers and sample programs directly or integrated them manually into one's project.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
CSeid.1
Associate II

Hello Peter,

thanks for the response. I know that the modules are discontinued. But I got lot of them (modules and X-Nucleo boards) and I thought, that I can use them for some WiFi projects. So it would be nice to get the X-Cube-WiFi expansion software package as a starting point.

So my question is:"Is there a way to get this expansion software package?"

Regards

Christian

The software package was called X-CUBE-WIFI1 and was applicable for SPWF01SA and SPWF04SA. It is also obsolete and thus no longer available from STMicroelectronics.

But maybe you can still find it in the depths of the never forgetting internet?

Good luck!

If the problem is answered, please mark this topic by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter