cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of LSM6DSM -ST sensor with the android source code of version 11 with imx8mm

pritamsrisahoo
Associate II

Actually,i have integrated the LSM6DSM sensor with the imx8m and getting the values of the sensor in the pc terminal..Previously i have loaded the driver in the kernel source and verified the sensor output..I am ok to the kernel level ..Now i want to get those values through the application.Previously i am following the steps that i have mentioned below: Within my android source code and in the android root when i am entering to the device directory there is no STMicroelectronics/SensorHAL_IIO folder is there so i followed the steps
1.Created a custom folder called as STMicroelectronics/
2.Inside the STMicroelectronics another folder "SensorHAL_IIO" i have created .
3.Then copied all the sensor hal files within the SensorHAL_IIO i got the sensor hal from the location:/vendor/nxp-opensource/imx/libsensors
4.Then in the android compiled the source as "make V=99" and successfully compiled the code . The compiled library is placed in <AOSP_DIR>/out/target/product/<board>/system/vendor/lib/hw/
sensor.imx.so.
5.To configure sensor the Sensor HAL IIO ,when i am giving mm "sensors-defconfig" in my hal root folder it is generating a error as :
FAILED: sensors-defconfig
/bin/bash -c "(\$(cp hardware/STMicroelectronics/STMems_Android_Sensor_HAL_IIO/src/android_R_defconfig hardware/STMicroelectronics/STMems_Android_Sensor_HAL_IIO/hal_con
fig) ) && (hal_config hardware/STMicroelectronics/STMems_Android_Sensor_HAL_IIO/tools/mkconfig hardware/STMicroelectronics/STMems_Android_Sensor_HAL_IIO/ > hardware/STM
icroelectronics/STMems_Android_Sensor_HAL_IIO/configuration.h )"
/bin/bash: hal_config: command not found

In my knowledge base I think this is happening because i dont have the STMems_Android_Sensor_HAL_IIO within my hardware folder . I have downloaded and put it in my hardware folder. Do I need to chnage the Android.mk within the hal folder ..

Please support e

1 REPLY 1
pritamsrisahoo
Associate II

Please give me a quick solution how to solve the error...
Thanks in advance.