cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about SM6T15A . the temp-leakage graph.1. the leakage current in the datasheet is in nA. Although the table above talks about mA. 2. I heated the diode to 100 C and the leakage dropped, and on your graph it increases.

IKhod.1
Associate II
4 REPLIES 4
FGUIT
ST Employee

Dear,

Values given in figure 9 are typical values. This is why they are smaller than values given in table 2, which are maximum values: current is measured at Vrm reverse voltage.

Did you performed leakage current measurement when applying 12.8V (SM6T15A Vrm value) in reverse?

Best regards.

Fabrice.

IKhod.1
Associate II

Yes, I tested. All leakage currents are normal. But when heated, it falls. And when cooled in sub-zero temperatures, it grows. I'm worried about how the leakage current will increase at -40 degrees. These diodes are on the signal wires of the fire alarm.

FGUIT
ST Employee

Dear,

The leakage current we measured at -40 °C (pay attention to not have frost) is lower than the one at +25 °C, and it increases for temperature higher than +25°C, as shown by the figure 9.

To perform this measurement we use, for example, a SMU (Source Measure Unit): voltage is set at 12.8V, and leakage current is measured.

Best regards

Fabrice.

IKhod.1
Associate II

Thanks Fabrice.

It was expected. Unfortunately, my diode behaves differently, and I now doubt its authenticity. Thanks again for your reply.