cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45e10svp

viliu
Associate II

Hi. We have this applications where we use a different type of flash chips that we are able to read/write as we need but some of the boards have this particular flash 45e10svp and we are not able to read/write at all. At this point we just replace 45e10svp with the ones we are able to read/write , but unfortunately is getting harder to get supply them. It would be great to get the datasheet for 45e10svp or any information how to read/write.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Isn't it an old Micron related partnership. Should use pretty typical PAGE PROGRAM, and wait for completion

https://media-www.micron.com/-/media/client/global/documents/products/data-sheet/nor-flash/serial-nor/m25pe_m45pe/m45pe10.pdf?rev=f027adfbbbff4959b4b3c6e344205983

M45PE10

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Isn't it an old Micron related partnership. Should use pretty typical PAGE PROGRAM, and wait for completion

https://media-www.micron.com/-/media/client/global/documents/products/data-sheet/nor-flash/serial-nor/m25pe_m45pe/m45pe10.pdf?rev=f027adfbbbff4959b4b3c6e344205983

M45PE10

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @viliu, to the community!

the M45PE10 is obsolete since 2007, the same answer as in this thread applies. However, as far as I know, the parts are now obsolete even at Micron.

If the problem is solved, please click Accept as Solution. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Perhaps you can rework the circuit/pcb to accommodate current generation parts, and fix the code?

viliu
Associate II

Thank you all for your replies , but unfortunately the endusers have loads of this devices ( some of them they manufactured up to 2015)  and they fail more and more and is harder and harder to supply the mainboards, luckily the mainboards are used in loads of other applications under different configurations , so i just canibalize units with same board but different specs and reconfigure them as need it. The problem with this particular chip is that it contains a particular config line that i cant find it in the dump file ( keyboard conversion azerty to qwerty and the other way around and enabling freezer heater elements) .I have managed to map large part of the config ( part number , scanner , mac/bt address, triggers , touch etc..) . , but the information need it is in this particular chip and i cant retrieve it. 

I have tried as Tesla DeLorean mentioned in the past but with no success. There is also the chance i have done something wrong , will try again

What's the full part number and marking on the parts that *work* as anticipated?

The pinning of the one I found seems a little different from current models, like W25Qxx ones, but I suspect there are multiple vendors who make competitive products, perhaps many out of business now, and with the fabs deployed building other devices, or LEDs, or whatever.

viliu
Associate II

Problem solved. As Tesla DeLorean and Peter BENSCH mentioned , the chip worked indeed as M45PE10. For some reason i couldnt read it with my dataman 48xp and dataman s24. I also tried some cheaper flashers with no luck including tl886 ii plus that said straight it doesnt support it but it worked flawless with xgecu t48 in the same app.... I have now 10 units to prepare for france with azerty keyboard and this will save me. The other chip used is at45db011d and to be able to read/write you need 2 capacitors on some pins ( forgot which and where:)) , i can look if any interested ) . It is funny that 1k device that "should" work didnt do it , yet i have managed to do it with a 50 pounds device. Also it worked straight to read on the board the 45e10svp ( also the so8n adapter) but not the at45db011d wich like i mentioned requires some capacitors as close to the chip as possible which "must" be smd's as regular caps will give random errors. There is a possibility that dataman doesnt like the particular 45e10svp or my so8n adapter dont like the dataman , yet same adapter worked with T48

Anyway , 

Thank You all again