cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC5-UDESTK Activation Code

NGuze.1
Associate II

Hello,

I purchased SPC5-UDESTK-EVAL kit from Digi-Key and now I am trying to get the license file from PLS website for it as the product page says "SPC-UDESTK HW adapter plus perpetual, full-feature free of charge license, but with code size limitation to 256 kB" for the EVAL kit. At the moment I can only use the UDE Starterkit. The license form requires the product serial number and the activation code. I only have the product serial number.

Not sure how to get or where to find the activation code. If the code was written on a paper in the box it came with, it's thrown away. I have the serial number of the adapter though. Is it possible to recover the code? Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

the full version is SPC5-UDEDEBG. It is an ST Product.

Here these Products descriptions:

• SPC5-UDEDEBG-TL, License time limited to 1 Year for PLS Debugger, which permit to debug Unlimited Code size.
  • SPC5-UDEDEBG, Perpetual License for PLS Debugger, which permit to debug Unlimited Code size.

Products Pages are:

SPC5-UDEDEBG-TL         URL: SPC5-UDEDEBG - PLS JTAG debugger software full license or license renewal - STMicroelectronics .

SPC5-UDEDEBG               URL: SPC5-UDEDEBG - PLS JTAG debugger software full license or license renewal - STMicroelectronics .

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello,

activation code for this PLS product can only be provided by PLS.

Please contact them.

Best regards.

NGuze.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. I already contacted PLS but they say support is given by ST for this product.

Below is the email I got from PLS employee:

For registration please go to website www.pls-mc.com/spc5-udestk and fill in the license form. 

You will get a license key for using the SPC5-UDESTK-FULL registered version.

The "SPC5/UDESTK" is an entry level product from STMicroelectronics, based on PLS's technology. The support for this product is handled by ST as well.

The link they give requires me to enter an activation code, but I don’t have one. PLS says ST supports the product, now you say otherwise 🙂

Thank you,

ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Thank you for your last remark.

I forward your issue and we will come back to you.

Best Regards.

ODOUV.1
ST Employee

the full version is SPC5-UDEDEBG. It is an ST Product.

Here these Products descriptions:

• SPC5-UDEDEBG-TL, License time limited to 1 Year for PLS Debugger, which permit to debug Unlimited Code size.
  • SPC5-UDEDEBG, Perpetual License for PLS Debugger, which permit to debug Unlimited Code size.

Products Pages are:

SPC5-UDEDEBG-TL         URL: SPC5-UDEDEBG - PLS JTAG debugger software full license or license renewal - STMicroelectronics .

SPC5-UDEDEBG               URL: SPC5-UDEDEBG - PLS JTAG debugger software full license or license renewal - STMicroelectronics .

NGuze.1
Associate II

Hi Odouv1,

SPC5-UDESTK-EVAL is also full-featured as well according to this databrief, with code size limitation of 256 kB: https://www.st.com/resource/en/data_brief/spc5-udestk.pdf

As this databrief paper states that the EVAL product is also full-featured, I wanted to get an activation code so that I can get access to other PLS tools, "memtool" for instance (https://www.pls-mc.com/products/flash-programming-ude-memtool-flash-programmer/). Can you let me know if this is possible?

Thanks,

ODOUV.1
ST Employee
  • SPC5-UDESTK-EVAL version 5.0.xx:
    • SPC56x: 1MEFHOC37GSE7OSF7OE6
    • SPC57x/SPC58x: 6JDMN5I4B7JDMQ9MR4IF
  • SPC5-UDESTK-EVAL version 5.2.xx:
    • SPC56x: C4FF7375F1J1HGPTPSSU
    • SPC57x/SPC58x: 1OF3GF72OD3GUBOQFJTE
  • SPC5-UDESTK-EVAL version 2021.xx:
    • SPC56x: C6F77775V1J1HGPTPSSU
    • SPC57x/SPC58x: C6F7F775V13HHGPSPSSU

ANaik.3
Associate

As mentioned in

0693W00000aI6tMQAS.pngCan you please provide the information about how to get Activation key (Its mentioned as it is provided by STMicroelectronics) for registration of unlimited code size downloading

Without activation key we are not able to register for SPC5-UDESTK-FULL version

0693W00000aI6ssQAC.png

Hello,

I don't understand, do you mean that in order to get the activation key needed to access the "SPC5-UDESTK-FULL UDE Registered version" (see the form here https://www.pls-mc.com/service/downloads/download-spc5-udestk/), one has to buy at least a SPC5-UDEDEBG-TL at nearly 400 $ ?

If yes, how come that licenses for a PLS product are sold by ST ?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications