cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know on how to program L99LDLH32 LED Driver with SPC58NG Disp Board

VK.12
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello,

this page provides an example with SPC582B:

STSW-EVLDLH32GEN - Graphical user interface (GUI) dedicated to set and control the L99LDLH32 - STMicroelectronics

It should not be so far from SPC58NG.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello,

this page provides an example with SPC582B:

STSW-EVLDLH32GEN - Graphical user interface (GUI) dedicated to set and control the L99LDLH32 - STMicroelectronics

It should not be so far from SPC58NG.

Best Regards.

VK.12
Associate II

Hi ODOUV.1 

In the GUI for L99LDLH32, there is a mention of FTDI driver setup. I would like to know which FTDI chip can be used for configuring registers.

Regards

Vineeth

Roberto CAPUTO
Associate II

Ciao Vineeth,

the FTDI used is the FT232RL. GUI installation include also the FTDI driver.

Best regards,

Roberto

VK.12
Associate II

Hi,

I tried to design the L99LDLH32 custom board as per the schematic attached in the file below. In the schematic, at 5V and 3.3V supply from L99LDLH32, it is recommended a 1uF capacitor each. But after the custom board were developed, in testing stage there was no 5V or 3.3V supply. After removing the capacitor, at 5V, both voltages were available.

Also, in the datasheet of L99LDLH32, there is no clear information on how much voltage the CS Pin should be pulled up high. Some places its mentioned as 5V at some other place 3.3V and somewhere else GND

Please clarify.

Regards

V.K.

Roberto CAPUTO
Associate II

Ciao Vineeth,

the CS pin is normally connected to GND but to program the device internal FTP memory (for example to change the Id/address) this pin must be pulled up to 5V.

Best regards,

Roberto

Roberto CAPUTO
Associate II

Sorry,

I wrote FTP memory but It's the NVM.

Best regards,

Roberto

Luis3
Associate

Hi all,

I have designed a L99LDLH32 custom board with two drivers using the schematic shown in the following User Manual: um2996-32channel-led-driver-with-automotive-can-fd-light-interface-stmicroelectronics attached in the ST website: https://www.st.com/en/automotive-analog-and-power/l99ldlh32.html#documentation

I have done different test with the PCB sending CAN FD Light frames and using Din pin to start the drivers. 3v3 and 5v are in the testpoints but I don't receive ACK in any moment and I have not achieved to configure any output pin. I have the CS pin unconnected.

This is the process I'm doing with CAN FD light to get communication but unsuccessfully.

Luis3_0-1694530089279.png

Could you explain me in detail the communication process or what can be my mistake?

Thanks in advance