cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement CAN TP for SPC560B series microcontroller?

prashanth.mohan22
Associate III

Hi,

I need to serial transmit continuous stream of data via CAN. For that, is there any supported or modules already implemented to address CAN TP?

Your response shall be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Prashanth Mohan

7 REPLIES 7
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello Mohan ,

we have some example in the application available in SPC5Studio Tools Suite (CAN driver) is available

SPC560Bxx_RLA CAN Test Application for Discovery

Best regards

Erwan

prashanth.mohan22
Associate III

Hello Erwan,

Thanks for your suggestion, but SPC560Bxx_RLA CAN Test Application for Discovery covers only examples for data transmission of 8 bytes. For more than 8 bytes, in case of flashing through CAN being in-compliance with UDS protocol, we require flow control to be implemented on the CAN driver.

Please refer http://www.piembsystech.com/protocol/automotive-protocols/can-tp-protocol/ and suggest me on the same.

Best regards

Prashanth

gp73
Associate III

Hello,

in my opinion you have to implement a TP by yourself, or you can buy it (there are some company that sell can driver + TP + UDS but is expensive).

Otherwise you have to follow the requirements:

ISO 14229-1 for UDS and ISO 15765-2, ISO 15765-2 for TP.

Personally my view of these part of Sw are:

can driver at driver layer that let you to receive and transmit maximum of 8 bytes

tp at presentation layer that let you to receive and transmit a maximum of 4096 bytes (if I remember well) managing all the tipes of frame FF, FC,etc

and UDS layer that let you to manage the UDS services and that is called from UDS.

Hope this can be useful

BEst regards

prashanth.mohan22
Associate III

Hi gp73,

Very thanks for providing insight on this subject.

Actually, I'm planning to implement TP on my own.

Do you have any resources/support documents/ implementation guidelines that could help me to proceed further?

I would be grateful for your suggestion.

Thanks.

Prashanth

gp73
Associate III

Unfortunately I can't share because these are owned by my previous company.

But regarding the ISO you can buy and aren't expensive.

prashanth.mohan22
Associate III

Thank you so much gp73.

@Erwan YVIN​ , Can you help me with support documents/design guidelines for implementing CAN TP with UDS?

Regards,

Prashanth

I had the same issue and i personally requested the owner of PiEmbSysTech and they supported me on this. Its not only about the CAN-TP, if you have any doubts on any Embedded Systems or VLSI Related topics, you can send them mail for a support, they will support you, he is a nice guy and very talented and having knowledge from end to end from wherever you ask any questions. He is more sound in Bootloader or any Embedded & VLSI Core Topics with all the Embedded Protocols. In single word, I can say that he is the expert Scientist from hardware to software.