cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash external target(SPC560B50L5C6E0Y) using SPC560B-DIS dev kit

kumar singh
Associate II

Hi, We are using SPC560B50L5C6E0Y microcontroller for one of our application. I have SPC560B-DIS with me and want to flash want to flash SPC560B50L5C6E0Y controller in our designed board. I want to know the required jumper setting on dev kit for flashing external target. What settings on SPC560B-DIS kit decides whether to flash the on-board controller or external target? I have removed S1,S2 jumpers and powering through USB. I have placed J19,J20 jumper and trying to flash but controller is not getting flashed correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello Kumar ,

Did you solve your issue ?

I think that it is possible to flash SPC560B50L5C6E0Y using SPC560B-DIS dev kit

You can use LINFlex cf chapter 5.2.2 of RM0017 in order to flash

Best Regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kumar singh
Associate II

Hi, I am able to flash SPC560B60L5B6E0Y based external target using discovery kit and it functions correctly as per developed firmware. Programming succeeds in flashing SPC560B50L5C6E0Y controller but the hardware is not responding as per code it should. I am trying to toggle the gpio but its not toggling. I want to know if discovery kit can be used to flash the SPC560B50L5C6E0Y target. Also how does discovery kit decides whether to flash the on-board target or external target. JTAG lines in discovery kit is sharing with on-board controller as well as. So will my external target get programmed if the on-board and external targets are different?

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello Kumar ,

Did you solve your issue ?

I think that it is possible to flash SPC560B50L5C6E0Y using SPC560B-DIS dev kit

You can use LINFlex cf chapter 5.2.2 of RM0017 in order to flash

Best Regards

Erwan

kumar singh
Associate II

Hi Erwan,

Yes, i am able to flash using JTAG interface.

Regards

kumar