cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure flex pwm to give complementary pwm of 20 khz.

kjay
Associate II

.i need help with calculating clock and time peroid and waht is other pwm pin if pwm0 has d10 which is complemetary pin in spc56el70l5-disp

82 REPLIES 82
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

SPC5Studio allows to run a MISRA check on an SPC5Studio project if you have installed in your PC a specific tool, called PClint. In that case, it is possible to add the path of the tool within SPC5Studio and run the tool directly from SPC5Studio on a specific SPC5Studio project. Please, consider that most of the code within SPC5Studio is MISRA compliant.

Regards,

Luigi

kjay
Associate II

hi ,

can you please give an example for clock settings to run spc56el60l5 at 120 MHz in dual lockstep mode. thank you.

kjay
Associate II

synchronized pwm is not working for me can you check what mistake...i did as you told .. A0 AND B0 COMPLEMENTARY WORKING ...A1 AND B1 IS NOT WORKING NO OP FROM F0 AND D14please help.

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

as already explained, when the synchronization is enabled, all the submodules are managed as a unique driver with 8 channels (ch0 = A0, ch1 = B0, ch2 = A1, ch3 = B1, ch4 = A2, ch5 = B2, ch6 = A3, ch7 = B3). So, if you want to enable the outputs A1 and B1, you have to activate in the PWM configuration the channels 2 and 3 (see Sync_Conf.JPG in attachment). In attachment you can find the modified version of your project in which I have enabled the channels A0, B0, A1 and B1 (in particular, I have configured B0 as the complementary of A0 and B1 as the complementary of A1). In the picture Sync_PWM_Waveforms.JPG you can see the output waveforms.

Best Regards,

Luigi

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

the SPC56EL for default works in Lockstep Mode. unless in case of you have enable the Decoupled Parallel Mode. This means that all the examples in SPC5Studio are executed in Lockstep Mode. The unique example executed in Decoupled Parallel Mode is the SPC56ELxx_RLA DualCore Test Application for DiscoveryPlus, but, in order to execute it the Decoupled Parallel Mode must be enabled as explained on the reference manual.

Best Regards,

Luigi

you saved me...you are the best....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP....I NEED CLOCK CONFIGURATION MAXIMUM WORKING frequency..120Mhz.how to set in clock tree i need example and explanation ...please guide me or send me material and example... i need to understand lockstep and decoupled mode and what it is used for?? i need to learn about that too...thank you.

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

in the last application that you shared with me the System Clock is already set to 120MHz, has you can see from the picture in attachment.

Best Regards,

Luigi

i see that but need to know how setting works ..to modify for my application..i need material for reference explaining configuration ...for bot modes also...in spc5studio.

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

the clock component within SPC5Studio matches exactly the clocktree that you can find on the Reference Manual in terms of PLL parameters, clock dividers and selectors. In particular, if you click on the Clock tree button (see attachment), you can also opened a graphic view of the clocktree that matches exactly the picture on the Reference Manual and allows you to make all the desired configuration .

Best Regards,

Luigi

kjay
Associate II

i have came across another problem..i communicated flexcan0 and flexcan1...using CAN1 and CAN2 drivers...while sending same configuration CAN2 is not sending anything...if i disable CAN1 it is working...i need to know both CANs working simultaneously on the same configuration same data...please help..i attach my code. what am i doing wrong..