cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I plug my STEVAL-MKI109V3 card into my computer, the port is not defined. I am using windows 10.

AGonc.3
Associate II

0693W00000Ho0BlQAJ.png

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @AGonc.3​, to the community!

The kit communicates via a virtual COM port. For this you had to install a driver before W10, but since W10 this is no longer necessary because the driver is already included in W10.

On your screenshot you can see the STM32 Virtual ComPort under Other devices with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle, so this problem must first be eliminated. Did you accidentally install the VCP, which is only intended for W7, W8 etc?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AGonc.3
Associate II

I downloaded 2 different versions given on the site and ran both of them, and I encountered the problem with the image I added earlier in both. Do I need to install any driver? is there a reliable site you recommend for this?0693W00000Ho2kPQAR.png

As already mentioned, no driver is required for W10.

What is the error message at the STM32 Virtual ComPort under Other devices showing an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AGonc.3
Associate II

0693W00000Ho2nmQAB.png

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AGonc.3​ ,

did you installed the ProfiMEMSToolV3.22.2_00_08000000.bin firmware on the STEVAL-MKI109V3?

You can find it in the \FIRMWARE\ProfiMEMSTool board folder.

-Eleon

What is your version of W10?

You'll find it using the command winver.

Regards

/Peter