cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to FW Flash on X-NUCLEO-6180A1

RHill.4
Associate II

Hi,

I am having issues getting my X-NUCLEO-6180A1 to work with the NUCLEO-F401RE. I have followed the instructions in the manual and the troubleshooting guide, although still cannot get things to work. I believe I need to flash FW manually. although the box to do so is greyed out, as seen in the attachments. I can see COM6 in the device manager which is the COM port associated with the device, so it looks like its talking. I had to download link007 and link009 from the website since the links in the pdf didn't work, and i tried rebottling my computer afterward as well. Please let me know any additional troubleshooting steps. I noticed on the install i had this warning come up, maybe its related to the issues I am seeing. I am using a windows x64, running windows 10.

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

About half the IT departments in big companies have disabled the ability to communicate with a memory stick. And the STM32 simulates a memory stick. Those memory sticks spread viruses and are used to steal company secrets. So I see the point. But you can ask them for an exception

check you windows file explorer. Do you see a NODE_F401RE (D: ) drive?

Sometimes it's a NOD_F401RE, and it does NOT have to be a D: But you have to see it.

If you don't see that, your IT department has caused your pain, or you have a charge-only USB cable.

• john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.

Thanks for the response John, yeah we figured out after posting this my IT department had blocked USB drives on my desktop. Working to get this figured out with them, although sounds like this would resolve the issue. Thanks!