cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STM32CubeIDE(1.7.0),had project with older version of "X-CUBE-MEMS1" package. Found that APIs CUSTOM_MOTION_SENSOR_DRDY_Enable_Interrupt()" and "CUSTOM_MOTION_SENSOR_DRDY_Set_Mode()" definitions are missing in latest version(9.1.0). Support to fix

Seenu
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
parata.carlo
Associate III

Hi @Seenu​ ,

it is really strange. I checked all the old versions of the MEMS package including also the v7.2.0 and I cannot find these APIs in the custom use case. As I know, these APIs at the moment are available only when you use the expansion boards like for example in the files iks01a3_motion_sensors_ex.[h/c]. My suggestion, if you really need to use them, is to define them by yourself at application level inspiring to the available custom APIs and the same type APIs implemented for IKS01A3 expansion board.

Best Regards,

Carlo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
parata.carlo
Associate III

Hi @Seenu​ ,

thanks to have submitted this question. Could you please provide what is the old version of X-CUBE-MEMS1 pack that you used in past and had the two APIs?

Best Regards,

Carlo

Hello @parata.carlo​ ,

Thanks for the response.

Old version used for X-CUBE-MEMS1 : 8.1.1

Shall we have the same/similar APIs to handle the feature intended.

Please support.

Best regards,

Seenu

parata.carlo
Associate III

Hello @Seenu​ ,

we have checked in X-CUBE-MEMS1 v8.1.1 and we can say:

• CUSTOM_MOTION_SENSOR_DRDY_Enable_Interrupt() never exists
  • CUSTOM_MOTION_SENSOR_DRDY_Set_Mode and other CUSTOM functions specific for particular sensor are only placeholders and needs to be implemented by the user according to the custom board configuration.

We have not found any change on those APIs between v8.1.1 vs v9.1.0.

Best Regards,

Carlo

Hello @parata.carlo​ ,

Thanks for the response.

Sorry, the package X-CUBE-MEMS1 v7.2.0 version has the both definitions in MEMS\Target\custom_motion_sensors_ex.c.

Kindly find the attachments for more details.

Help me if i can continue using the old versions of package or new version has these definition feasibility.

Best regards,

Srinu

parata.carlo
Associate III

Hi @Seenu​ ,

it is really strange. I checked all the old versions of the MEMS package including also the v7.2.0 and I cannot find these APIs in the custom use case. As I know, these APIs at the moment are available only when you use the expansion boards like for example in the files iks01a3_motion_sensors_ex.[h/c]. My suggestion, if you really need to use them, is to define them by yourself at application level inspiring to the available custom APIs and the same type APIs implemented for IKS01A3 expansion board.

Best Regards,

Carlo

Hello @parata.carlo​ 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Now made application separate from the existing library.

The two functions - CUSTOM_MOTION_SENSOR_DRDY_Enable_Interrupt()" and "CUSTOM_MOTION_SENSOR_DRDY_Set_Mode()"

made part of application code.

Best regards,

Srinu