cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of Sensitivity Plot for IMP23ABSU

TomRett
Associate III

What is the actual unit (dBV, dBSPL etc.) for the plot? dB is not relative to Volt or anything.

TomRett_0-1701969042240.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @TomRett ,

if i convert the dBV back to V i actually get Vrms at each frequency, am i right? Yes. it's correct.

Can you provide the data of the plot (e.g. sensitivity- and frequency-array)? Unfortunately, we don't provide the raw data.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @TomRett ,

You are right, the plot is in dB.

The graph is normalized with respect to the sensitivity at 1kHz. If you want to get the dBV you need to consider that the sensitivity at 1kHz is -38dBV, and therefore add this value to that graph.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TomRett
Associate III

Thanks! Can you provide the data of the plot (e.g. sensitivity- and frequency-array)? Otherwise i would have to write each value manually into each array which is not precise enough.

TomRett
Associate III

Furthermore, if i convert the dBV back to V i actually get Vrms at each frequency, am i right?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @TomRett ,

if i convert the dBV back to V i actually get Vrms at each frequency, am i right? Yes. it's correct.

Can you provide the data of the plot (e.g. sensitivity- and frequency-array)? Unfortunately, we don't provide the raw data.