cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST BLE Sensor App and Dashboard - Offline.

LK N.1
Associate II

I've the STEVAL-STWINKT1B,

I've flashed ,

\STMicro\SW\en.fp-sns-datalog1\STM32CubeFunctionPack_DATALOG1_V1.1.0\Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-STWIN\Applications\HSDatalog\Binary/HSDatalog.bin

But I do not able to read the sensor data.

I do not access the environment and other params.

in ST BLE, New application>Vibration monitor> Training>>Play result in Boards scanning running out.

I've added the AWS security key and private key in Cloud menu of the BLE app. it notifies AWS Active still in the dashboard it says device unconnected.

Please find the images attached below

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LK N.1​ ,

after checking with our experts, the focus is on this error:

The length of the device name stored in the iot user configuration is larger than the AWS client MAX_SIZE_OF_THING_NAME.

This means that probably the name you have generated is too long, and should be shorter than the constant in the macro defined in the aws_iot_config.h file (#define MAX_SIZE_OF_THING_NAME 21): it is however suggested to shorten the name and not to modify the macro. This because the thing(device) name is used in almost all the messages exchanged, so it could lead to a non-negligible increase of memory use.

For completeness, there should be no need to create an account in AWS cloud, since it is free for few devices. You can create ca new device on the dashboard from scratch.

Let me know if this can solve your issue.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
LK N.1
Associate II

0693W00000Bc5cZQAR.jpg0693W00000Bc5cUQAR.jpg0693W00000BcHtNQAV.jpg

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LK N.1​ ,

Are you trying to use the ST BLE Sensor app on a smartphone / device with the BLE connectivity enabled?

I'm checking internally with our experts to figure out the issue.

You might try with the FP-IND-PREDMNT1 function pack, that enables data to be send on the Cloud. The HSDatalog example saved the data on the SD card or sends them via USB to the logging application.

Note also that in the HSDatalog the USB is not recognized as a serial port.

-Eleon

LK N.1
Associate II

Hi I tried with https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/fp-ind-predmnt1.html I can see the data FFT and chart on the BLE Sensor app.

I do see that sometimes when I flash the .bin image the STWIN doesn't connect and needs to reflash again.

However, I am not able to succeed with the Dashboard of predictive maintenance with STWINKIT1B(No wifi only Bluetooth). I do add the AWS link and key and it returns

java.io.EOFEXception

Hi @LK N.1​ ,

In the  FP-IND-PREDMNT1 you have two examples, one working with the BLE (Predictive_Maintenance_BLE) and the other one with the WiFi (Predictive_Maintenance_WIFI).

The BLE one doesn't enable the connection of the STWINKT1B to the Dashboard.

To connect the other one to the Dashboard, you need the WiFi expansion module --> STEVAL-STWINWFV1 (do you have this?)

Ps: the files .dat are raw file (like a binary file) so for see its contents is necessary elaborate it’s, also taking into account the .JSON file which internally has the acquisition sampling rate. Inside the Utilities folder, a MATLAB and a Python script are available to automatically read and plot the data saved by the application.

0693W00000BchIIQAZ.png 

Let me know whether this can help you.

-Eleon

LK N.1
Associate II

Yeah,

I've got the wifi expansion module but it stucks at attempt after all the keys0693W00000BchMBQAZ.png enter

LK N.1
Associate II

I get this error:

Configuring the RTC from Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 04:03:28 GMT

ERROR: aws_connect_to_cloud L#97 The length of the device name stored in the iot user configuration is larger than the AWS client MAX_SIZE_OF_THING_NAME.

AWS IoT SDK Version 3.0.1-

Shadow Register Delta ErrorCLOUD_WIFI_CONNECTION_ERROR

*** Cloud connectivity demonstration ***

WIth the diff SSDI, I get this error:

Setting the RTC from the network time.

ERROR: setRTCTimeDateFromNetwork L#90 Could not find hostname ipaddr www.st.com

Abandon.

Error initializing the RTC from the network time!

Cloud connectivity demonstration completed.

In BLE Sensor APP, there are two MIC: MIC1n MIC2 which is corresponding to ultrasonic microphone here?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LK N.1​ ,

I'm asking internally to relevant people, please be patient 😉

>> In BLE Sensor APP, there are two MIC: MIC1n MIC2 which is corresponding to ultrasonic microphone here?

On STWINKT1B, there are two microphones: the IMP34DT05, which is industrial digital microphone (20Hz-20kHz band), and the IMP23ABS1, which is the analogic ultrasound microphone (which is signed on schematic as M1, or MIC1).

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LK N.1​ ,

after checking with our experts, the focus is on this error:

The length of the device name stored in the iot user configuration is larger than the AWS client MAX_SIZE_OF_THING_NAME.

This means that probably the name you have generated is too long, and should be shorter than the constant in the macro defined in the aws_iot_config.h file (#define MAX_SIZE_OF_THING_NAME 21): it is however suggested to shorten the name and not to modify the macro. This because the thing(device) name is used in almost all the messages exchanged, so it could lead to a non-negligible increase of memory use.

For completeness, there should be no need to create an account in AWS cloud, since it is free for few devices. You can create ca new device on the dashboard from scratch.

Let me know if this can solve your issue.

-Eleon

LK N.1
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thanks for your support.

It's working fine.

I also would like to ask STWINKT1B, Are there any reference data that was tested out on machines for predictive maintenance, If yes could you please guide me to that?

especially on Mounting was it using a plastic case that comes with Kit or magnetic based?

Also are there reference examples of Bluetooth or wifi, for sending the FFT data to custom gateway instead of AWS cloud?

Thanks.