cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile KIT connection with Unicleo on Windows 11 Fail.

anonymous.8
Senior II

Hi, i am trying to connect the SensorTile kit STEVAL-STLKT01V1 over bluetooth with Unicleo GUI. While I have paired the device with my PC, unicleo is unable to find the device. I can see the device in the selection device section (COM) but all the information are unknown or unable to read them. Also with USB it is invisible as device. Has anyone encounter a similar problem? Are windows 11 ineligible for this kind of connection? I want to collect data from all the sensors but when I am connecting the device with the mobile app ST BLE Sensor I can't find an option to get data from the microphone so Unicleo is way better. If there is any other way to collect all the data please feel free to share. I am trying to connect this device for a long time now and I am facing only problems.

9 REPLIES 9
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello

I'm sorry to hear that. Could you please answer a few following questions:

• What firmware exactly do you have in your SensorTile?
  • What is the name of the device after pairing in Windows?
  • Do you see new COM ports after your pair the device?
  • Does it require PIN code during pairing process?
anonymous.8
Senior II

Hello, Thanks for the fast answer.

Firmware: FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 Version: 3.3.0 MCU Type: L476

Name of the Device: Con1

In the selection device dropdown list i dont see a COM i see the Con1 which is via bluetooth. I don't see any COM. (Was a mistake to mention that.)

Pin: Yes, it does require a PIN which is 123456.

While i pair the device, the red light on the device is not blinking nor is on. Only the green is on. On the other hand, while i connect the device via the Smartphone app, the red light stays on all the time.

Unicleo-GUI Version: 1.19.0.11400

This is what it looks while the device is paired and connect is pressed.

0693W00000LzVJeQAN.jpg

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

There is missing control tab in the Unicleo-GUI, most probably because the name of the device is different than expected. Didn't you change the the name. I think it should be AM1V330.

Hello, Thanks again for your answer.

I did not change the name, they gave it to me like this. How can i change the name back? Or reset it completely?

louda.marian
Senior

Hello, this is a strange behavior, because the default name should start with "AM1V" followed by version number. Are you using the binary from package or did you compile your own binary? Attached is binary from package 3.3.0 which is functional under Windows 10. Windows 11 is not available, so I cannot confirm the functionality. Please try to program your SensorTile with attached firmware and try it again, this should reset the name to default value.

Hello,

since i am new to this, how can i change the software? I need an IDE? I found the CubeIDE, CubeMX, CubeProgrammer and i am lost within all applications.

Is this guide applicable if i don't have the nucleo board?

https://sensiml.com/documentation/firmware/st-sensortile/st-sensortile.html

Thanks again!

Ok, i tried to update the firmware you attached via the ST BLE Sensor app and i got an error saying that transmitted data are corrupted and now the device is not searchable via bluetooth and the orange light is not blinkin. What should i do?

Ok, i tried to update the firmware you attached via the ST BLE Sensor app and i got an error saying that transmitted data are corrupted and now the device is not searchable via bluetooth and the orange light is not blinkin. What should i do?

louda.marian
Senior

To use ST BLE Sensor was not the right choose. It can be repaired using some programmer ST-Link, J-Link, Nucleo board, ... You have to flash again the binary file.