Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection (waterproofing) of LPS22DF

ljm
Associate III

Hello,

I hope you are well.

Actually I'm using LPS22DF sensor in an environment where there is dust and water.

Can you give me some informations and idea on how can I protect the sensor (waterproofing)?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ljm ,

Yes, you have to use LPS28DFW.

For dust protection, it is better to use a special gasket. Some customer use for example Gore-tek tissue.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ljm ,

Welcome to ST Community!

By design, the PS22DF is not designed as waterproof. The ways are two:

1. use LPS28DFW (99%SW compatible)

2. use LPS27HW.

In both cases it is preferable (mandatory for LPS28DFW) to change the footprint. Unfortunately there aren't material that can create waterproofing and simultaneously read the water pressure.

Sorry to haven't other solution using this device.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ljm
Associate III

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback,
Does this mean I can't use this sensor in environments where there's too much dust and rain, and isn't there a waterproof solution for LPS22DF?
So I have to use LPS28DFW?
Thanks in advance

And the LPS28DFW resist to dust also ? if not can you tell me how can protect it against the dust.

Thank you very much

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ljm ,

Yes, you have to use LPS28DFW.

For dust protection, it is better to use a special gasket. Some customer use for example Gore-tek tissue.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

Thank you very much for the information.

ljm
Associate III

Hello,

I have question please, can you tell me the protection index (IP) of the LPS28DFW ? 

also the LPS22DF has 22000g High shock survivability, it's perfromant for my application but for the LPS28DFW i don't find any indication in ther datasheet about the High shock survivability.

Can you tell me if the 2 sensors have the same High shock survivability or not ? 

Thank you very much 

Hello,

I have question please, can you tell me the protection index (IP) of the LPS28DFW ? 

also the LPS22DF has 22000g High shock survivability, it's perfromant for my application but for the LPS28DFW i don't find any indication in ther datasheet about the High shock survivability.

Can you tell me if the 2 sensors have the same High shock survivability or not ? 

Thank you very much 

ljm
Associate III

Hello,
I hope you are well,
I am currently using the LPS22DF pressure sensor but in an environment containing dust and water.
For the waterproofing of the sensor (dust and water), do you make any products (specific gaskets or membranes)? If so, please recommend suitable references for the LPS22DF and the cost.

Thank you