cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the STWIN SensorTile Wireless Industrial Node, the standard en.fp-sns-datalog1_v1.2.0 firmware behaves differently if using the binary, rather than compiling the code in the STM32Cube IDE.

LWeir.775
Associate II

When I compile the code in the IDE and run it (with the acquisition json file set to activate for 5s, then idle for 10s, and repeat) It activates correctly the first time. However, when coming out of idle the second time, it produces an SD card error (see below). Any ideas why I wouldn't be getting this with the precompiled binary, but do get it with the cube project files?0693W00000DmSBZQA3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LWeir.775​ ,

It is an issue related to the C standard library that occurs only in the CubeIDE, independent from the automatic mode.

The precompiled .bin file the issue doesn't appear since it has been compiled in IAR.

You can solve the issue by selecting the correct library in the Project options, as shown in the picture below:

0693W00000DmzgfQAB.png 

In the FP-SNS-DATALOG1 v1.2.0 the "Reduced C" option is wrongly selected.

As a side note, please consider the following change in the sdcard_manager.h code:

#define SDM_MIN_BUFFER_SIZE    1024 (in the original code it was 512)

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LWeir.775​ ,

It is an issue related to the C standard library that occurs only in the CubeIDE, independent from the automatic mode.

The precompiled .bin file the issue doesn't appear since it has been compiled in IAR.

You can solve the issue by selecting the correct library in the Project options, as shown in the picture below:

0693W00000DmzgfQAB.png 

In the FP-SNS-DATALOG1 v1.2.0 the "Reduced C" option is wrongly selected.

As a side note, please consider the following change in the sdcard_manager.h code:

#define SDM_MIN_BUFFER_SIZE    1024 (in the original code it was 512)

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

LWeir.775
Associate II

Thanks. We are also finding unreliability to saving files to the SD card. Sometimes the files end up corrupted. Sometimes the microphone data is temporarily corrupted. We are trying out various specs of SD card to see if we can improve the performance. Do you have any suggestions?