cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New project generates incorrect IOC file

BasMevissen
Associate II

Hi all,

I created a new STM32 project using File->New->STM32 Project in STM32CudeIDE and selecting the STWINKT1 board. It produces an .ioc file that shows quite some warnings in the Pinout & Configuration tab of the Device Configuration Tool.

It also does not fully function on the STWINKT1 board. For example, SPI is not working for the on-board sensors.

Versions:

STM32CubeIDE version 1.3.1 (downloaded 1.3.0 which is still the latest and upgraded to 1.3.1 automatically)

STM32Cube_FW_L4 version V1.15.1

(btw, the demo applications using the STWIN software package work fine)

How to solve this? Any hints or solutions appreciated!

Cheers,

Bas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasMevissen
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for picking this up. Yes, it is still relevant, but I have a workaround in place.

I currently work around the issue by initializing the peripherals by hand with the HAL drivers init functions (and not using the MX_*() functions) and disabled the generated main() with ProjectManager.NoMain=true in the .ioc file.

A cleaner solution using the ioc file would be much desired as I now cannot change anything using MX.

The attached file is the file as generated by selecting the sensor tile board in Cube and CMSIS and USB CDC added.

Regards,

Bas.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @BasMevissen​ ,

sorry to come to you with such delay... Do manage to fix the issue? Or do you need some help?

If so, can you please share your .ioc configuration file? Please check also if the pin function is the correct one.

-Eleon

BasMevissen
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for picking this up. Yes, it is still relevant, but I have a workaround in place.

I currently work around the issue by initializing the peripherals by hand with the HAL drivers init functions (and not using the MX_*() functions) and disabled the generated main() with ProjectManager.NoMain=true in the .ioc file.

A cleaner solution using the ioc file would be much desired as I now cannot change anything using MX.

The attached file is the file as generated by selecting the sensor tile board in Cube and CMSIS and USB CDC added.

Regards,

Bas.

>> A cleaner solution using the ioc file would be much desired as I now cannot change anything using MX.

Let me forward your request internally and feedback in case of updates.

-Eleon

BasMevissen
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

I tried again with the MX tool in STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1 - still not good. The board files in the mx plugin db are even 100% the same.

As the board is still active (albeit in the B revision with new casing and a few upgrades), I hope it to be really supported from MX tool.

Did you get response on the request yet?

Regards,

Bas.