cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3MDL Power Down Mode Issue

SKund.1
Associate II

Hi,

We are using LIS3MDL in our application and current consumption in Power-Down mode is 0.2mA which is quite high but it should be 1uA as per the datasheet.

Any suggestion on why I am unable to achieve 1uA level as mentioned in the data sheet?

Regards

Siva

13 REPLIES 13

I removed LED on the board and the module is now consuming 0.19mA in power-down mode.

So you are back to the previous condition now, right?

I'm wondering whether the device is consuming ok, while there is some other component consuming the current.

Or whether the device e is actually in PD mode (you can just try to see the consumption without configuring any register, only powering up the magnetometer).

Did you have the possibility to check the difference in consumption of the board between the case the accelerometer is de-soldered and the current case? This in order to check whether the overconsuming component is actually the accelerometer.

-Eleon

Hi Eleon,

Now I am supplying 3.3V directly without using the voltage regulator on the module.

Magnetometer is pulling 0.66mA current when the unit is turned and stayed ON and no other communication connections. Now I set the mode to Power-down and it's pulling 0.15mA.

Again, I changed back to Low-power Continuous mode @ 0.625hZ now the device is pulling 0.67mA current.

There is no accelerometer on the board I guess you mean magnetometer, unfortunately it won't be easy to de-solder and re-solder the chip due to small footprint (VFLGA).

In our case we will be using 4-gauss @ 0.625hz in Low Power + continuous mode, threshold =5000 and trigger on all 3-axes so what would be the ideal current consumption in this case?

Regards

Siva

Hi Siva @SKund.1​ ,

can you please check if this thread can be of some help for you?

It looks related to a similar issue.

-Eleon