cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DUXS12 Qvar functionality

marti3110
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I have an X-NUCLEO-IKS4A1 expansion board connected to the STM32F401RE Nucleo board. The LIS2DUXS12 sensor on the expansion board incorporates a Qvar sensor capable of detecting changes in electrical charge near the external electrodes connected to the device. I have a detachable STEVAL-MKE001A board connected to the 2 x Header 3pin SMD for QVAR electrode.

To activate the Qvar channel I set the AH_QVAR_EN bit to 1 in the AH_QVAR_CFG register (31h) and I set the INT1_ON_RES bit to 1 in the CTRL1 register (10h) so that the INT1 and INT2 pins are used to connect the electrodes to detect the Qvar signal.

The problem is that the signal I read does not vary when I touch the electrodes as it happens when the LSM6DSV16X sensor as Qvar controller.

Did I skip any steps by chance? It looks like the INT1 and INT2 pins of the sensor are not connected to QVAR1 and QVAR2

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @marti3110 ,

Did you follow our official example on Github?

If not, can you try and let me know if the problem persists?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.