cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DE12 generating interrupts at low ODR

RKeit.1
Associate III

I am trying to get the LIS2DE12 to generate an interrupt when shaken. I have connected the INT1 pin to an open drain I/O pin of my MCU. I an get it to generate the desired interrupt with some reliability. However, when it is just sitting still, it generates interrupts randomly. The ODR is 10 Hz. How might I stop this?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RKeit.1
Associate III

Hello Eleon,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I have cracked the problem. The starting point is the high pass filter example 6.3.3 in AN3308. It seems the key to getting rid of the spurious interrupts is to read the reference register. It works for what I need but I am not sure I understand it. I will keep trying.

Rob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RKeit.1​ ,

which threshold did you set for the event recognition? Data might cross the threshold (on specific axis) if it is too low / comparable with the noise.

You could also try latching the interrupt or disabling the BDU bit, to check if you can get different behavior of the interrupt, or try setting the Interrupt2 instead of the Interrupt1.

I suggest you to check you correctly configured the device comparing you code with the example on Github using an interrupt (lis2de12_filter_hp_rst_on_int.c)

Let me know if you can make further progresses with this issue.

-Eleon

RKeit.1
Associate III

Hello Eleon,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I have cracked the problem. The starting point is the high pass filter example 6.3.3 in AN3308. It seems the key to getting rid of the spurious interrupts is to read the reference register. It works for what I need but I am not sure I understand it. I will keep trying.

Rob