cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISM330DLC Lifecycle

IKalh.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I wanted to get information on the lifecycle of the ISM330DLC device? Is there a certain date when the sensor values will drift outside of the allowable tolerances? 

Thank you,

Imran

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @IKalh.1 ,

The ISM330DLC, according to our 10-yr Longevity Commitment page, is in the program. I also confirm that the device is active and can be used for new designs.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi ,

Are there other devices, similar to the ISM330DLC, that are part of the longevity programme? Essentially I am wanting to use a product that will be reliable for many years to come. 

Also, given that the ISM330DLC device is active, does that mean it is okay to use? If it becomes inactive, is there a way I can become notified so that I can change over to a new device for future designs?

Thank you,

Imran

She's talking about product availability, and you're talking about aging / shelf-life, at least in the OP.

The availability is more about massive customers (ie Apple, Samsung) and the continuous improvements in performance and cost they expect to see, and refinement in ST's technology, and their desire to keep up with new methods, fabrication, and competitors.

Probably unrealistic to see 10-year availability in markets where the prime customer is driving at 18 to 24 month cycles.

From a calibration sense, you'd need to be able to do your own calibration, or recalibration, against other referential sources, like GPS/GNSS

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @Tesla DeLorean,

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense.

For calibration purposes, is there a decent chance that the sensor values over time will no longer be correct as they previously were? Is it then upon the user to perform routine checks to ensure that the device is still reporting correctly, and if not, perform re-calibration? I am not sure how common it is for IMUs to output incorrect sensor values over time.