cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i reopen twice acc or gyro ODR,how will acc and Gyro work?

YSONG.1
ST Employee

I want to know if i open acc or gyro odr twice in diffrent time,how will mems work. (twice odr is the same)

Question:

Whether the MEMS will reset? Or if the last state is the same as now, nothing will be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @YSONG.1​ ,

Let me check if I well understood: when you change the ODR from one value (for example 100Hz) to another (for example 200Hz), the master clock internal to the ASIC (both acc and gyro, that runs at a few MHz), will be divided accordingly (note that ODRs are multiples each of the others). So there is actually no blank step between the two ODRs

Then, if you write two times the same ODR, no changes will occur.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @YSONG.1​ ,

Let me check if I well understood: when you change the ODR from one value (for example 100Hz) to another (for example 200Hz), the master clock internal to the ASIC (both acc and gyro, that runs at a few MHz), will be divided accordingly (note that ODRs are multiples each of the others). So there is actually no blank step between the two ODRs

Then, if you write two times the same ODR, no changes will occur.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon