cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup the STEVAL-MKI211V1K

LStoh.1
Associate

Setup is for the accelerometer STEVAL-MKI211V1K. My laptop is HP Folio 9480m using Window10. Laptop connecter through USB cable to the STEVAL-MKI109V3 running UNICO software. USB Virtual COM port was successfully setup on COM6, on the STEVAL-MKI109V3 the blue LED or D6 shows power available, all connections verified but measuring the VDD pin of the 24-pin mounting board 9STEVAL-MKIGIBV3), there is no voltage. The error message seen when running UNICO is shown on the attachment. I tried to run the STLinkupgrade3.3.4 from STM32cubeprogrammer but the board is not recognized. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LStoh.1​ ,

The issue you are facing should be related to the fact that you have not installed both the last version of Unico and the STEVAL-MKI109V3 firmware, the ProfiMEMSToolV3.7.35.bin. You can find it in the folder \FIRMWARE\ProfiMEMSTool board of the last Unico package (the 9.8.9 for Windows) you should have downloaded from the linked page. You can flash it on the using the STM32CubeProgrammer, and I attach below a tutorial example for another board, which is however similar to the ProfiMEMS for this purpose: the only change is the DFU mode setting. To enter DFU mode:

a. press buttons BT3 (Reset) and BT2 together

b. first release BT3 and then release BT2

Let me please know if this solves your issue.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LStoh.1​ ,

The issue you are facing should be related to the fact that you have not installed both the last version of Unico and the STEVAL-MKI109V3 firmware, the ProfiMEMSToolV3.7.35.bin. You can find it in the folder \FIRMWARE\ProfiMEMSTool board of the last Unico package (the 9.8.9 for Windows) you should have downloaded from the linked page. You can flash it on the using the STM32CubeProgrammer, and I attach below a tutorial example for another board, which is however similar to the ProfiMEMS for this purpose: the only change is the DFU mode setting. To enter DFU mode:

a. press buttons BT3 (Reset) and BT2 together

b. first release BT3 and then release BT2

Let me please know if this solves your issue.

-Eleon

LStoh.1
Associate

Hi Eleon,

All works now, pretty much all straight forward thanks to your direction. Updated Unico, and STM32CubeProgrammer was able to connect with STEVAL-MKI109V3 because latest ProfiMEMSToolV3.7.35.bin was downloaded.

All works, thank you,

Luis

Gadgets Trend

That's fine :)

-Eleon