cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform a factory reset for SensorTile?

DWang
Associate II

Hi

Is there a way to perform a factory reset for SensorTile? For some reason, my laptop can't detect it anymore. Device manager said "This device cannot start. (Code 10). A device which does not exist was specified." I try to erase full chip flash memory and plan to load the original bootloader, but I also get error message in CubeProgrammer

"Error: Invalid port name: No DFU detEstablishing connection with the device failed"

Pressing the root button doesn't seem to help. I first tried to press the button after connecting to a laptop, but it didn't help. I also tried to hold the root button and release it after connecting to the laptop, but it also didn't help.

May I know what I am missing?

Thanks,

Dennis

31 REPLIES 31

Please check if you followed these instructions to enter the .dfu mode:

• install DfuSe utility (STSW-STM32080 package), if not already done (please follow the first section of the UM0412 for the description of the dfu mode)
  • create a dfu file e.g. from the .bin file BLESensors.bin in \en.FP-SNS-STBOX1_firmware\STM32CubeFunctionPack_STBOX1_V1.0.0\Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Applications\BLESensors\Binary. You have to use the DFU File Manager installed together with the DfuSe tool. Please follow p.16 instruction of the UM0412.
  • remove the ST.box package, if not yet done
  • unplug the battery from the ST.box, if plugged
  • press the BOOT button and plug it to your PC via USB cable while keeping the button pressed
  • release the BOOT button once the USB is plugged
  • open the DfuseDemo app and check if your device is recognized
  • if the device is detected, upload the .dfu file created at point 2 (please follow the User interface part of UM0412 for the description of the dfu mode)
  • once the FW has been upgraded, release the .dfu mode

Please check if the ST.box is working via the ST BLE Sensor app. This should work also in case the SD card is not working. If also the .dfu procedure doesn't work, the ST.box is somehow broken.

Regards

Hi Eleon,

I am travelling again, but I will give them a try and let you know when I get back.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Eleon,

One thing I would like to confirm is when I use DFU File Manager, what should be the Target ID and Target Name? Unlike Figure 12 on p.16, there is no Target ID 00, right?

In addition, I am following the steps up to "open the DfuseDemo app and check if your device is recognized". However, the device is not recognized.

I guess the ST.box is somehow broken?

Hi @DWang​ , you should get a screen similar to this one:

0690X00000ArSxgQAF.png

Btw, you could do this trial: if your device is detected via BLE by the BLESensor app installed on your device, you can upload the "Data recorder" app. If it's working, then remove the SD card and put it into an external SD card reader, to check the SD card integrity and its content (you should find for example a .csv file containing the data acquired) and to understand if the issue is related to the USB communication. Regards

Hi Eleon,

DfuSe Demo didn't detect my device. "Available DFU Devices" didn't list out any device... I still suspect the hardware is somewhat broken...

May I know where to get "Data recorder" app?

>> DfuSe Demo didn't detect my device

Ok, so actually I don't exclude the ST.box could be damaged, in this case...

>> May I know where to get "Data recorder" app?

Btw this point works also without the HW working. You open the app and goes to ST BLE Sensor Home --> Create a new App --> Data recorder

Regards

I see.

The ST BLESensor app also can't detect my device... I think it is broken now...

Dennis, you can ship back to us your ST.box, if you want. We'll repair it and ship back to you for free 🙂 Regards

DWang
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

That would be awesome if it can be repaired!

May I know what address I should ship to? Should I address any personnel on the package? And do I need to provide a return envelope?

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis, please check private messages. Regards