cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform a factory reset for SensorTile?

DWang
Associate II

Hi

Is there a way to perform a factory reset for SensorTile? For some reason, my laptop can't detect it anymore. Device manager said "This device cannot start. (Code 10). A device which does not exist was specified." I try to erase full chip flash memory and plan to load the original bootloader, but I also get error message in CubeProgrammer

"Error: Invalid port name: No DFU detEstablishing connection with the device failed"

Pressing the root button doesn't seem to help. I first tried to press the button after connecting to a laptop, but it didn't help. I also tried to hold the root button and release it after connecting to the laptop, but it also didn't help.

May I know what I am missing?

Thanks,

Dennis

31 REPLIES 31

Hi Eleon,

Sorry for the confusion. I am using SensorTile.box, and I see the SD card now. It was hidden beneath the battery, so I thought it doesn't come with SensorTile.box. However, removing SD card doesn't help (I also re-flash bootloader and an application), I still can't get it to communicate with Tera Term

I double-checked internally and, in case of no issue, if one of the default FW is running the SensorTile.box should be seen as a mass storage device in case the SD card is inserted and used (for example in the Data recorder app case), and as a COM port device in case SD is disconnected or not used. So far there is no .bin file to be downloaded on the tile.box to force mass storage or COM configuration, but we are planning to upload online in the next months...

A further question to be sure to have understood: do you convert the .bin file in .dfu file before enter in .dfu mode an connect the tool via DfuSe, or do you do something else to download the .bin file on the .box? Regards

Hi Eleon,

I didn't know I need to conver a .bin file to .dfu file. I use the .bin file in Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Examples\BootLoader\Binary\ directly when I downloaded FP-SNS-STBOX-1.

Are you suggesting to convert and flash it in .dfu format instead?

Hi Dennis, yes, you can try with the .dfu conversion (here the details) and .dfu download. Let me know if any progress! Regards

Hi Eleon,

I am travelling this week, but I will give it a try and let you know some time next week.

Thanks!

Dennis

Hi Eleon,

I followed the instruction in 1.3.2 (with SD card removed). Although the driver was successfully installed, when I unplugged and plugged it back in, I still see "USB device not recognized" message...

​I see... I'm facing a very similar issue with one of my SensorTile.box, and during the debugging we suspect it could be an HW-related issue on SD card. Basically it seems that the battery glue is "disturbing" the SD connection, making the contacts fail or making the SD itself not well working, especially if the battery is removed. In my case all the ST BLE Sensor apps are working except the ones related to SD card, and in addition the ST.box is not recognized as a mass storage device. If this is also you case, what I suggest to you is to try to clean the contact of the SD card. In case this suggestion is not working, you should change the SD card (I'm trying to understand internally if we can ship one to you). Regards

Hi Eleon,

I cleaned the contact of the SD card, but it still can't recognize the device. Or could this be because some hardware on my ST.box is defected?

​Hi @DWang​ , back to you with some other hints, hopefully... it could be an HW defect, yes... however, to fix the point you are now able to flash the original FW through the .dfu method, right? And also in this case your ST.box is not detected as a mass storage device by your PC. For which reason do you need your ST.box being recognized as mass storage? Do you need the .json file of your app or you want to log data on SD card and read them (but you won't get a log in case the SD card is not working)? Regards

Hi Eleon,

No, I was noto able to flash the original FW through the .dfu method. In order to do that, I need to follow 1.3.2 first, right? However, although the driver was successfully installed, when I unplugged and plugged it back in, I still see "USB device not recognized" message, so I was not able to flash using the .dfu method