cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform a factory reset for SensorTile?

DWang
Associate II

Hi

Is there a way to perform a factory reset for SensorTile? For some reason, my laptop can't detect it anymore. Device manager said "This device cannot start. (Code 10). A device which does not exist was specified." I try to erase full chip flash memory and plan to load the original bootloader, but I also get error message in CubeProgrammer

"Error: Invalid port name: No DFU detEstablishing connection with the device failed"

Pressing the root button doesn't seem to help. I first tried to press the button after connecting to a laptop, but it didn't help. I also tried to hold the root button and release it after connecting to the laptop, but it also didn't help.

May I know what I am missing?

Thanks,

Dennis

31 REPLIES 31
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Dennis, it seems the os is not recognizing the stm32 device... a couple of HW question for my understanding: how are you using the SensorTile? I mean, is it plugged on the cradle expansion board or is soldered on the cradle? In this second case, is it connected to the battery (regardless the USB connection) and is the battery charged? Could you also check the soldering is ok? Regards

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the confusion. I should clarify that I was using SensorTile.box. I didn't use the battery. I just give it another shot by pressing the root button before plug it into my laptop. It is able to enter DFU mode and flash the original bootloader. However, for some reason, I can't connect it through UART interface in STM32CubeProgrammer and Tera Term. Device Manager sees it as a USB drive instead of a COM port device. Would this be a driver issue? Or is the hardware is damaged?

Hi Dennis, I anyway suggest you to plug the battery during SensorTile.box operation. So help me to understand the issue: which default FW did you download on the SensorTile.box uC? Did you use the STBLE app to detect and download the last FW? ​If you want to use the USB to stream data, you can select "Stream to USB" from the app expert mode. Regards

Hi Eleon,

After connecting the battery, Tera Term still can't detect the COM port.

I use STM32CubeProgrammer and FP-SNS-STBOX-1 from the tool software page.

The bootloader I used is under Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Examples\BootLoader\Binary\BootLoaderL4R9.bin

I tried to flash the 5 application binaries under Projects\STM32L4R9ZI-SensorTile.box\Applications, but Tera Term still can't detect it....

Hi Dennis, but do you use STLINK-V2 with STM32CubeProgrammer (for the debug mode, so no dfu need)? Btw, the tool (especially as regards the debugging procedure and the baby crying app), is still under refinement, and we will upgrade the bootloader. I suggest in the meanwhile to unplug your SensorTile.box from USB port and re-plug it after some hours, checking the LEDs status. Regards

Hi Eleon,

I don't have a STLINK-V2 cable unfortunately...

When I unpulg and re-plug it back to the USB port, USB and BLE LED would blink a few times and then they are all off. Is this expected?

Thanks,

Dennis

​Hi Dennis, the USB red led is expected to keep on blinking... May I ask you to try to remove the SD card from the SensorTile.box and then re-try the .bin file upload? Did you modified the FW and changed the .bin file from the one available online (which is the theoretical "factory reset")? Anyway I'll keep you of course updated about the ongoing release of Sensortile.box FW. Regards

Hi Eleon,

No, the USB led is yellow, and it only blinks a few times after connecting to a laptop. After that, it is off.

I don't see a SD card on SensorTile.box, or at least that is what I am aware of. May I know where the SD card is?

Yeah, the firmware (.bin file) from FP-SNS-STBOX-1 was directly downloaded from the tool software page.

Sorry for my confusion, but are you working with a SensorTile or with a SensorTile.box? Regards