cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is marked IIS3DWBTR?

MSierraA
Associate II

Hi Community,

We send to manufacturing PCB to our supplier but he has a problem with the mark(attached) of the sensor IIS3DWBTR, and we want know if the brand is correct for component, we try to read the image as Qr Code and result is 780270TU01RY, but this code isn't enough to check the correct component.

Please someone help us

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MSierraA​ ,

as additional info we can tell you that the 027 code (that you can coherently find also in the QR code 780270TU01RY ) stands for wk 27 of 2020, i.e. the assembly week / year.

It looks like to be a IIS3DWBTR, indeed.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @MSierraA​ ,

the QRcode on the component holds information useful for internal personnel.

if you are not sure if your sensor is a IIS3DWB you should check its WHO_AM_I register (0Fh) and see if the value is 7B.

Let me know if this helped you or if I didn't understand what you needed =)

Niccolò

Thanks @niccolo.ruffini​ but the problem is, in this case, i'm in chile and our supplier in other country then i can't test the WHO_AM_I register with the sensor, so the question is how can I tell if the sensor is correct only with the information provided

The datasheet does not explain the marking and mention the code "IW". This should get explained in the datasheet!

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MSierraA​ ,

as additional info we can tell you that the 027 code (that you can coherently find also in the QR code 780270TU01RY ) stands for wk 27 of 2020, i.e. the assembly week / year.

It looks like to be a IIS3DWBTR, indeed.

-Eleon

Hi @MSierraA​ ,

I'm sorry but the code does not help to understand which sensor is that.

I would trust Eleon's answer because he's a true master on this topic.

Anyway, why shouldn't you trust your supplier on the sensor identity?

Niccolò

Hi @Uwe Bonnes​ ,

I think that ST considers the info in the marking (date, lot and site of production) not essentials for the users.

I think that documenting SMD markings is essential for users!

Thank so much @Eleon BORLINI​ we will tell our supplier

Hi @Uwe Bonnes​ ,

I'll try to pass your concern to the right people =)