cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone,I have project LIS2DH12TR based. I am working about single tap detection and measuring an acceleration. I have success in two issue at now. But, My sensor is soldered with hand.After a time, I am receiving wrong and silly value from sensor.

fafeyto
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @fafeyto​ ,

from this description, the issue looks primarily related to the soldering.

If some pads are not well soldered, parasitic resistance on the communication lines might disturb the I2C protocol, thus resulting in a misleading output. This means that the sensor can read true data from the environment, can elaborate them and give you a correct single tap feedback (basically a single bit), but the output coming from the out registers is corrupted by the poor I2C communication.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fafeyto
Associate II

++

It's probably because it's not soldered properly with hand. But Single tap properties still are working. I can detect a single tap. But, acceleration datas are silly and wrong. (I am calculating a roll and pitch degree using a X and Y gravity.) When I resoldered my sensor, I can read true values. My sensor communication is I2C.What exactly is the reason for this?

Hi @fafeyto​ ,

from this description, the issue looks primarily related to the soldering.

If some pads are not well soldered, parasitic resistance on the communication lines might disturb the I2C protocol, thus resulting in a misleading output. This means that the sensor can read true data from the environment, can elaborate them and give you a correct single tap feedback (basically a single bit), but the output coming from the out registers is corrupted by the poor I2C communication.

-Eleon