cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existe-t-il un substitut à la substance chimique morpholine derivative présente dans le "digital output magnetic sensor » référencé LIS2MDL ? Dans quel matériau est-elle présente ? Garde-t-elle son identité chimique une fois intégrée dans le produit ?

FDESB.1
Associate II

S'agissant de la dernière question et selon le guide (version 4.0 de juin 2017) des exigences applicables aux substances contenues dans des articles, je cherche à savoir si lors de son incorporation dans l'article, la composition de la substance ou du mélange chimique déclaré pouvait changer (sous l'effet d'évaporation, de transformation, etc.) ce qui pourrait permettre de recalculer sa concentration (m/m).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FDESB.1
Associate II

Hi Eleon, Below is support's answer :

Have a good end of day.

Frédéric

Subject: ETA SA / Manufacture Hologère suisse / Digital output magnetic sensor / morpholine derivative

Description: Hi again Frederic, Thank you for your patience while I was following up with the Quality team to comment on this. I apologize that they are so backlogged. Please see below what I learned for you: " There was an issue with the Mat Dec online, and its just been updated. To build the Mat Dec we refer to different files in which all the info about the materials used in assy in ST are stored. Based on different input (i.e updating from the supplier, changes on percentage of some chemicals, etc…), these files are updated accordingly. Please show customer latest. “ Please see that linked on the Quality tab, on the far right on this page, updated with todays date of 6/29/2021: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/mems-and-sensors/e-compasses/lis2mdl.html#quality-reliability I hope you find this helpful! Please reply back to let me know all is well, and I can mark the case as resolved. Regards,

Please visit ST Customer Support Portal for further information.

Link to access the case:

Best regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @FDESB.1​ ,

I translate here your requirement, please check whether it is correct or not:

Is there a substitute for the morpholine derivative chemical substance present in the "digital output magnetic sensor" referenced LIS2MDL?

In what material is it present?

Does it keep its chemical identity once integrated into the product?

Regarding the last question and according to the guide (version 4.0 of June 2017) of the requirements applicable to substances contained in articles, I am trying to find out whether, when it is incorporated into the article, the composition of the substance or of the mixture declared chemical could change (under the effect of evaporation, transformation, etc.) which could allow its concentration (m / m) to be recalculated.

I'm not sure I have well understood, but ST magnetic sensors don't work with morpholine, but with the AMR magnetic principle.

To cancel an offset or recalibrate the sensor, I suggest you the hard-iron compensation procedure, as described in the AN5069 application note, p.20.

Hard-iron distortion is an effect that can occur when a magnetic object is placed near the magnetometer and appears as a permanent bias in the sensor's outputs.

Let me please know if I well understood your question.

-Eleon

Hi Eleon,

Your translation is perfect (!) thank you very much.

Regarding morpholine derivative (or 2-benzyl-2-dimethylamino-4'-morpholinobutyrophenone - CAS 119313-12-1), this chemical substance is a SVHC.

According your Materials Declaration Form (under “Material Composition Declaration), this SVHC is declared in substrate.

I know this chemical substance can be used as “Generic lubricants, lubricants for engines, brake fluids, oils, etc.�?

I’m waiting for the rest 😉

Best regards.

Hi @FDESB.1​ ,

Ok understood, you are referring to the material declaration form.

I attach it but I don't find the component you are referring to.

However, I see it has been recently modified, and specifically that SVHC has not be reported any more. I suspect it was a typo from another declaration form, since the device is actually in the Ecopack 2 level.

Does your target application requires the device being in close contact with people?

If the attached material declaration is enough for your purposes, and my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

FDESB.1
Associate II

Hi Eleon, Below is support's answer :

Have a good end of day.

Frédéric

Subject: ETA SA / Manufacture Hologère suisse / Digital output magnetic sensor / morpholine derivative

Description: Hi again Frederic, Thank you for your patience while I was following up with the Quality team to comment on this. I apologize that they are so backlogged. Please see below what I learned for you: " There was an issue with the Mat Dec online, and its just been updated. To build the Mat Dec we refer to different files in which all the info about the materials used in assy in ST are stored. Based on different input (i.e updating from the supplier, changes on percentage of some chemicals, etc…), these files are updated accordingly. Please show customer latest. “ Please see that linked on the Quality tab, on the far right on this page, updated with todays date of 6/29/2021: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/mems-and-sensors/e-compasses/lis2mdl.html#quality-reliability I hope you find this helpful! Please reply back to let me know all is well, and I can mark the case as resolved. Regards,

Please visit ST Customer Support Portal for further information.

Link to access the case:

Best regards,

Hi Frédéric,

that's good, this is a typical OLS topic, so the right way is to address this sort of requests to this support channel.

Have a nice afternoon you too,

-Eleon